LabRadar

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yea but I had to buy the microphone deal to get it to register every shot, same for 22.

Really like my lab radar. Iv had a missed shot here and there but overall been happy. Beats burning components shooting for velocity then groups. It’s easy to setup, and with some understanding pretty easy to troubleshoot. I’d buy another.

I think the Labradar is the best solution for someone shooting and developing loads a lot. I had one and enjoyed ease of use.

You make excellent arguments for LR. I think it might be helpful to detail out what people are actually doing with load dev. There is a huge difference between people. The ones I see selling a LR probably shouldn't have bought it to begin with. Same with MS style.

What is everyone's load dev method and how many extra would you have to burn because of the offset from MS interrupting harmonics? I agree it does on typical light weight hunting rifle.

I am curious about the number for people. I admit it is an inconvenience with the MS switching. Its not enough to use one now though, and ends up being quicker to use my MS than set up the LR.

For me, it is maybe 35 on a brand new barrel breaking it in, of the first 125 as it speeds up and I settle on a load. And, then 5 or so every 100 shots to confirm my load velocity hasn't changed. If it has changed, maybe another 5 or 10 to tweak it.

I don't like load development much. So, I suppose I am different in some regard as I choose bullet, brass, and powder and buy in bulk with the barrels. I don't play with bullets, brass or powder, cause I choose very efficient calibers with well known and consistent load data. My 7ss shoots 60.5 of rl26 like every one else. My 6xc shoots within .4 grains of my several friends, 6 bra loads shoot the same barrel to barrel, etc.

I have switched to MS V3 now that I shoot fewer guns. I have not felt like I waste a lot of ammo shooting for velocity and for groups. Admittedly, I use a method that does not require a lot of velocity testing. And, when I do test velocity I typically shoot on steel so any input from the MS doesn't push me off the target.

Axlrod

WKR
I have had a Labradar for a couple years. In addition to the trigger mentioned above I also use an MK sight:
and a small Manfrotto tripod as well as an auxiliary battery pack. Out of thousands of rounds the few that it has missed were because it wasn't armed or it wasn't aimed at the target. I have had no issues using it with a suppresser or muzzle brakes. I do place it near the objective of the rifle scope which is farther back than the instructions tell you. Smallest bullets i have used were .204 out of 20 Vartarg and 204 Ruger. The biggest downfall is the price! But I like to shoot and the optical chrono's I had before would miss a LOT of shots.

Attachments

• Labradar.jpg
    Labradar.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 38

rayporter

WKR
a bud makes these bases for the LR--it stays attached ,even in the case. you just unfold the legs and sight the target and you are ready to arm it and shoot.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I had nothing but problems with mine until I bought this.

LabRadar needs competition!

bffbd18450bb7f3489534a9f995b660e.jpg

wyosam

WKR
I use the Piet trigger, and it makes life a lot easier. I didn’t have issues with it missing shots, it was more positioning with different rifles. Moving the unit and re-aiming is a pain. I just have a rubber band around the objective bell, and slip the sensor under as I switch rifles. I’m not finding aiming to be as critical as I expected either. I can shoot every plate on my range without moving it and get good data. Horizontal spread isn’t huge- maybe 50 feet at the far end? Vertical is probably 100’ difference between 100 and 600 though. It still seems to pick up all the down range speeds, though maybe they aren’t as accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khuber84

WKR
This is the only way to run a labradar. It's a quad Pod. I also run a jlk trigger. Never miss a shot. I set my rifle up under the quad Pod. Works amazing!

Attachments

• received_489941708353170.jpeg
    received_489941708353170.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 52
  • received_538276273561755.jpeg
    received_538276273561755.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 54
Haven't hardly used my magnetospeed since the labradar came out.. It has been great for me.

I am just stretching my legs in the reloading world. I am with MuleyFever on this one. I do not want to waste components shooting velocity and accuracy at different times. LabRadar it is.

rayporter

WKR
the base stays attached, you unzip the case and remove the unit, then unfold the base, set it on the bench and push the on button and start shooting. it is the only base i see on the line at a BR shoot. there will usually be a dozen set up.

qiY2Q7T.jpg

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Those of you using one how do you like it? How reliable has it been for picking up the rounds?

I used a friends and it worked good for me. He said he has some issues getting it to register with smaller calibers. I am considering getting one and I plan to use it for 6mm and 7mm. I am just wondering if others have issues with theirs at all?
I bought myself one for Christmas. I’ve chrono’d 7mm and .30 cal so far.

It‘s missed one 7mm shot so far. It’s picked up all the .30 cal (both mine and someone who was shooting across my lane/beam...easy to tell them apart based on velocity).

Pretty easy to setup.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I have one that was DOA upon receiving it. It would not pick up anything. I sent it back and they replaced the mic. It picks up everything now including .224 bullets. It rarely misses a shot.

Wrench

WKR
I have the jlk trigger and mag mount. I put the trigger on my longbow quiver and it picks up the shot.