Lacing styles

Bvas

FNG
Years ago my dad taught me how to lace my boots ladder style. I find it’s great for pulling boots tight and staying that way. Sometimes I use it in conjunction with the standard crisscross pattern to get more tension in a specific area.

Just curious what other lacing styles guys are using to make boots form to their foot better.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Following. Blisters are killing me so wondering if I should be lacing differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennyd

FNG
Twist laces 360 before you start lacing the top. Then weave the top hooks. Works for me.

tdot

WKR
Following. Blisters are killing me so wondering if I should be lacing differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That depends on where/how/why you're getting blisters. If it's a very poor fitting boot, lacing isnt going to change that. If it's the wrong boot for the terrain; lacing isnt going to help that.

There are a ton of different lacing options, lots of different methods to learn about online. I've always used various combinations of surgeon knots, back lacing, skipping eyelets and a few other random patterns.

I prefer the old Swiss or Austrian boot tieing methods, but they seem to becoming watered down and difficult to find online. Alot of the stuff online seems to be oriented towards trail runners.

bozeman

WKR
I think it’s Black Ovis- but there is a video on this. Helped me tremendously and blisters are a thing of the past!!

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
Loop swoop pull, can’t go wrong. Used to do the ol rabbit ran down a hole one but had failures...

Also following

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Kenetrek has a good video about lacing style to use to alleviate pressure in various spots on your foot, it’s full of kenetrek is the best plugs though. Gore-Tex also has a good article about it as well, details a lot. I’m a big fan of doing the ankle lock way to tie your boots. Leave my foot enough room to have some room without excess movement but keeps my heel firmly locked into the heel cup.