LaCrosse AlphaBurly Pro

J3DOYLE

FNG
Considering purchasing these boots. Whats everyone's thoughts on these boots? Which do you prefer, the standard or the insulated?

I like them. I have the 800g and add boot blankets for below freezing with wind. Allows me to wear them when it’s warmer. I’ve had bogs and muck before these; I won’t go back to either. Mine are the Sitka pattern and it does wear off. Probably get the next pair in a solid color. I don’t get heal rubbing. I did in my bogs and the mucks never really fit my foot. I’m going to get a uninsulated pair if I find them on sale.
My alphaburlys are almost 3 season of use and doing great for me.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
They are the best rubber boots on the market. I've had my uninsulated ones for 5-6 years and they are still as comfortable as ever.

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I have these with the 400g of insulation. These are incredibly comfortable and even supportive boots. I don't feel like I'm wearing "rubber boots" at all. The only issue I have is that they are very difficult to remove! The first time I wore them I couldn't get them off at all and had to have a friend pull, and it actually hurt my ankle. Now, after wearing them several times, I can get them off, but it's still a bit of a struggle. I'm assuming they will break in a bit more. I'd rather they be hard to remove than sloppy loose though.

They are my boot of choice for that style. I prefer the Pro Side Zip. Way easier to get off and to tuck pants into. 88467A74-5766-467C-9174-4D067A9CCAE3.jpeg

I have the 800’s and love them so far. Warm and wear easy. I’ll probably get another pair when these wear out.

FreshAir

FNG
I bought a pair of the non-insulated Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pro boots in the Elevated II pattern last fall. In my experience, they are very comfortable boots whether walking long distances, or sitting for extended periods of time even during a wide range of temp changes.

That being said, I found the tread pattern tended to collect and retain mud, rather than expel it like I had hoped. Additionally, the lug design did not provide a solid feel while crossing rocky streams. However, the biggest disappointment was how quickly this particular camo pattern deteriorated around high contact sections and flex points like the front of the boot and ankles. Unfortunately, this fading exposed a wide and growing gray-white color in those particular areas.

In my case, I am grateful Lacrosse is standing behind their product. The local store where I purchased them talked to their Lacrosse rep and they are giving me the option for a refund or replacement. Overall, I really like the boot and in this case I plan to replace them with the same model, but in a different pattern.

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 800 and 1600. Easy in and out. best rubber boot comfort I have had, and warm!

I have the 800 and 1600. Easy in and out. best rubber boot comfort I have had, and warm!
Are the 1600 that much warmer than the 800? I have the 1600 and feel my feet sweat too much in those thought 800 might be better.

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to say whether ther r much warmer but u can feel the diff

Cmb213

FNG
I have a pair of the 800g ones. They'll keep your feet warm but at the same time I've hiked around all day with Temps in the 60's and my feet weren't hot or uncomfortable. I ended up switching to a pair of Irish Setters based on fit. The Alpha burly Pro's are very roomy and my foot was swimming in them, to the point that when I lifted my foot to take a step my foot would lift a good bit inside of the boot, make contact with the top of the boot, then the boot would lift off the ground. This is in no way a quality issue, I just have long narrow feet.

bwidrick

Lil-Rokslider
Have the 1600s; Love them. Comfortable to walk in. When it gets real cold & sitting on stand , I add an adhesive heater pack to the top of my toes.

For rubber boots I don’t think you can go wrong with the Lacrosse. The Muck brand boots are great if you’re just working around the house but they lack the tread to provide adequate traction in hunting situations. I’ve had two pairs of the Alpha Burly Pros (800 and non insulated) and use the non-insulated most of the year. I haven’t tried the zipper ones but that looks like a great option as well.