LaCrosse Burly vs AlphaBurly Pro

Voyageur

WKR
Curious if others have opinions on the LaCrosse Burly boot vs the LaCrosse AlphaBurly Pro? I prefer rubber boots to be no frills, simple sole pattern, etc. Looking at the LaCrosse website it looks like one of the main differences between the two is a more aggressive sole on the AlphaBurly Pro and the Burly is an ankle fit boot whereas the Pro is not.
One question I have is if the ankle fit of the Burly is a pain getting on/off?
Any other pros or cons you have noticed?
Thanks.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
I see the burly as the gen 1 as you would say for the lacrosse rubber boots, my grandfather still wears them to feed his animals. I feel the alpha burly is an upgraded version that you can do anything in, hunt, fish, shovel snow, feed animals. I would say the pros have very little frills but are a definite upgrade and you’re able to get them in non camo as well like the burlys. From the sole, to how the boot opening is constructed around the calf and is able to cinch to a preferred tightness. I would also think that the pros will be more stable walking, and I would think able to be more comfortable walking distances, not that you should be walking miles. I don’t find the sole too aggressive on the pros either, I don’t find myself being unstable on ice or slick mud.