Ladder?

cardiac5

Lil-Rokslider
This is an odd question but has anyone taken a ladder in some of the low lying areas to try and get a better view to glass moose? Some areas don’t really have any good vantage points and I was wondering if this was a good idea or not. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
WTF? No sir. If you need to climb a tree, there are easier ways to gain visual inspection. Your pilot would hsat himself if you came with a ladder (from experience dont ask). The only view you need for moose hunting is your base camp vista. Calling sequence and patience calling them to your locale is the key.

OP
cardiac5

cardiac5

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I was hesitant to post it but I was told that the trees aren’t easy to climb and that some people take tripods to get a better vantage. I was questioning it but it also seemed like it might be useful but maybe just once or twice so I wanted to make sure before we entertained it more. We had to change our dates due to some stuff and we’re going in off the road with a chugach moose and pr49.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooster

WKR
11096C25-0BF0-458B-B7BF-5F1F388F8E6B.jpg
Ive taken a tree saddle. Only 3 lbs for all shown.
I carry a 15” pruning Saw for clearing camp, bull down area, firewood / kindling so it would suffice to prune some limbs for climbing.

Last edited:
My first fall in Alaska I was fishing a coho stream in my canoe and some guys came putting along in probably a 14 foot jon boat with old Elmer Fud himself sitting on top of a twelve foot ladder set up in it. More faith than I would've had in myself; especially if a guy had to shoot!