Lanai, Hawaii Axis Deer

Rayjim3

FNG
All true except the guided hunt.

Super easy to do non guided. Can do public hunt by drawing once a year in November (hunts start in February for 3 months). Or you can hunt private rifle for $400 a day, archery $150 a year, or shotgun $150 a day all un guided.

Easiest way to stay is in town via air bnb. Expect about $200 a night for whole house. Hardest is getting a 4x4 vehicle to access to areas (all dirt roads).

happy to provide info and contacts I’ve made hunting there over last three years.Was there two weeks ago hunting private rifle for the weekend and going there in two weeks to do public archery. It’s an awesome island.

have spoke with a handful of folks on the phone from Rokslide and happy to speak with more. Don’t let it intimidate, it really is a gem out here and can be done pretty cheap.

Look at the hunting section for the private stuff
If you’d be willing to talk I’d love to chat about this. My son and I are hunting rifle C in July. Already have a place to stay and a truck. Any info you could give to cut down the leaving curve would be appreciated. We only have two days.

OP
K

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Not as much deer as past years….good luck
If you’d be willing to talk I’d love to chat about this. My son and I are hunting rifle C in July. Already have a place to stay and a truck. Any info you could give to cut down the leaving curve would be appreciated. We only have two days.

there's no secrets, all of these pulama rifle and archery units is heavily pressured and hunted every day of the year so you just gotta go. lanai residents can hunt it for cheap so somebody is always assigned in a rifle unit pretty much daily. just have ice or freeze some 1 liter water bottles in the cooler and leave the cooler in the shade when you park so you can stay out all day. C is kinda close to town though and the days is long in july so maybe not as big of an issue where as if you was hunting the state side. Lanai hunting used to be a lot better years ago but they have been pounded by drought and poor management, the ewe to ram ratio is terrible with the mouflon (no rams, tons of ewes) and they estimated an 86% decline in the deer population in the latest aerial survey in the cgma done by the state bc of the drought and liberal tags numbers. I wouldn't be too picky.

there's no secrets, all of these pulama rifle and archery units is heavily pressured and hunted every day of the year so you just gotta go. lanai residents can hunt it for cheap so somebody is always assigned in a rifle unit pretty much daily. just have ice or freeze some 1 liter water bottles in the cooler and leave the cooler in the shade when you park so you can stay out all day. C is kinda close to town though and the days is long in july so maybe not as big of an issue where as if you was hunting the state side. Lanai hunting used to be a lot better years ago but they have been pounded by drought and poor management, the ewe to ram ratio is terrible with the mouflon (no rams, tons of ewes) and they estimated an 86% decline in the deer population in the latest aerial survey in the cgma done by the state bc of the drought and liberal tags numbers. I wouldn't be too picky.
Sounds grim😬