Land Cruiser for sale anyone?

matthewmt

WKR
I had a triple locked ‘96 LX my son drove until a few weeks ago. He had just driven 3.5 hours at 75 mph on an interstate going back to college. As soon as he hit campus the brakes failed, steering failed. He was able to coast into a parking lot and bump against a curb to stop. He called me to tell me something is bad wrong when it burst into flames under the hood.

Engine and components were ruined. I sold it to a parter out guy for more than I paid for it.
Man what a bummer but yeah they aren't cheap!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ralphie

WKR
I have a ‘99, not for sale though it’s good to hear from another mudder on here. Mine has the rear locker. Just used it to go hunting yesterday.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I have a ‘99, not for sale though it’s good to hear from another mudder on here. Mine has the rear locker. Just used it to go hunting yesterday.
Awesome. Great hunting vehicle, great grocery getter, great church transportater, great chick fil a getter, great overlander, great for coffee shop chillaxin, great traverser of land at any earth corner you may choose.

matthewmt

WKR
If you want to be both extremely impressed and upset at the same time check out this series.
And gawd dang all those hilux and LCs left in AFG!!

FLATHEAD

WKR
I've learned since getting my fj80, that anything to do with a Landcruiser is expensive.$$$$$!!!!

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I've learned since getting my fj80, that anything to do with a Landcruiser is expensive.$$$$$!!!!
I have had a few of both and what I have learned is the 100 series are not as expensive as the 80 series, like you mentioned, regarding actual needed cost of ownership. A significant cost to lots of land cruiser guys is personal preference mods and OCD maintenance.

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to be both extremely impressed and upset at the same time check out this series.
And gawd dang all those hilux and LCs left in AFG!!

The whole series of the hilux test was interesting too say the least. Suffice to say I am impressed with them.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
The issue that the '98-99 LX has is it does not have the rear locker option like the same year land cruiser does. But the 2000-'07 in LC and LX with ATRAC is the best.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
good luck with the search, Just heard the Land Cruiser will not be imported to the US in 2022.
True but the Lexus GX570 will still be.

plus there’s always the 25 year import rule so we’re starting to get some of the cool land cruisers we couldn’t previously get. Especially in his years he’s looking at. I have A 1990 HZJ73 with a turbo diesel.
OP, check out the classifieds on ih8mud.com.

Attachments

• B3AB8818-01E0-4F97-9420-E7A14DC1F1AB.jpeg
    B3AB8818-01E0-4F97-9420-E7A14DC1F1AB.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 24