Lane Precision Rifles - build and review ***Updated 1/13/20***

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m loving this rifle!
d264d75d3ad97df68986c65455758464.jpg

eeea8c26d0f2359dd35a096edf2f6fdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Almost exactly what my 338 snipetac did after i got a load dialed that dallas builtView attachment 111319

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563918814897.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563918814897.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a little free time over the past few weeks to get out and do a little long range validation. In a few weeks it’s scheduled for it’s first official hunt where I’ll get a more thorough understanding on handling and performance in the mountains.

f392911e6b5695e5fe12681969aecaeb.jpg

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I had a little free time over the past few weeks to get out and do a little long range validation. In a few weeks it’s scheduled for it’s first official hunt where I’ll get a more thorough understanding on handling and performance in the mountains.

Great shooting Josh!

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

338maker

WKR

Oh heck yeah I cant wait to see the pile of critters this rifle will be responsible for!! id say that's pretty dam good considering its an actual hunting rifle, hunting weight and hunting bullets not a 13 pounder shooting only match bullets!!

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
UPDATE:
I had a chance to get this out into the mountains with this rifle for a little warm-up before the general elk and deer seasons open. It was a cold and sunny morning when I glassed this old boar browsing on the season's remaining huckleberries. After a quick range of 340 yards I twisted the top turret, settled into the stock, and squeezed off the shot. The 220 hit with authority and it was instant lights out. I'm about to hit the highway towards WY and ID for a week of elk hunting, Hopefully I'll get a few more rounds down the tube and into some elk.

The scope riding on top of the LPR is Maven's latest creation, the RS.3. It will launch on their website for pre-order on Oct 15th. It's a 26.5 oz exposed turret scope with a 5-30x zoom range with a 50mm objective lens and a 30mm tube. Check out Maven Built on the 15th to get $300 off this stellar optic.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
How do Lane rifles compare to McWhorter?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member

I’m not familiar with McWhorter rifles. I know Dallas will build almost anything a customer wants within reason. Reach out to him and talk to him about what you’re wanting in a rifle. He won’t steer you wrong.

There are and that's what makes the top tier custom rifles so much fun!! you can get pretty crazy with them.

The brakes are the T3 terminator on left and the slimmer shorter 3 port on right that we are putting on your build!!

The Terminator will in fact reduce recoil the most on pretty much every rifle I've had them on,, trade offs are a little more blast due to the amount of gas they force out of the baffles.

the 3 port offers not as much reduction but a shorter profile and slimmer design

+1 for Dallas' builds and the Terminator MB's. They tame even the largest beasts better than any other brake I've ever used. Night and day difference.

Today extremely-accurate, easy-carrying hunting rifle building is not rocket science nor "a knack", but is modern-age knowledge and the manipulation of the best, state of the art equipment a dollar can buy. There are so many good custom-gun 'smiths producing top shelf shooting platforms, it would be hard to pick a bad one.
But Dallas' integrity is sound. He will not ship a build to anyone that is not up to his standards. Not every man that builds guns can honestly say that.

idig4au

WKR

I've had 2 custom McWhorters built to my specifications and they are top notch in quality and performance. They are precision instruments in fit and finish. They like to use Berger bullet, which I'm not a fan of so they developed the loads on the bullets of my choice. Both shoot in the 0.3's

I would consider Lane for a build too. He has an excellent reputation. I just don't know what I would have built as I need another hunting rifle like I need another hole in my head. As mentioned, you can't really go wrong with any of the top custom builders.

338maker

WKR
I've had 2 custom McWhorters built to my specifications and they are top notch in quality and performance. They are precision instruments in fit and finish. They like to use Berger bullet, which I'm not a fan of so they developed the loads on the bullets of my choice. Both shoot in the 0.3's

I would consider Lane for a build too. He has an excellent reputation. I just don't know what I would have built as I need another hunting rifle like I need another hole in my head. As mentioned, you can't really go wrong with any of the top custom builders.

This is of course a fact so many great builders out there that do actual custom rifles and many of them are close friends of mine.. the best part about our options is..... well ....... options!!!
and there is no such thing as too many rifles!!! LOL

DRUSS

WKR
Great review Josh. Dallas does do some very nice work! its nice to see another guy who needs his rifle to perform in the timber as well as far. And then to have a rifle that performs the way you want it too after receiving it, That's part of that Custom benefit! Nice Rifle !!!