Lane Precision Rifles - build and review

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a little free time over the past few weeks to get out and do a little long range validation. In a few weeks it’s scheduled for it’s first official hunt where I’ll get a more thorough understanding on handling and performance in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I had a little free time over the past few weeks to get out and do a little long range validation. In a few weeks it’s scheduled for it’s first official hunt where I’ll get a more thorough understanding on handling and performance in the mountains.

Great shooting Josh!

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

338maker

Rokslide Sponsor

Oh heck yeah I cant wait to see the pile of critters this rifle will be responsible for!! id say that's pretty dam good considering its an actual hunting rifle, hunting weight and hunting bullets not a 13 pounder shooting only match bullets!!

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
UPDATE:
I had a chance to get this out into the mountains with this rifle for a little warm-up before the general elk and deer seasons open. It was a cold and sunny morning when I glassed this old boar browsing on the season's remaining huckleberries. After a quick range of 340 yards I twisted the top turret, settled into the stock, and squeezed off the shot. The 220 hit with authority and it was instant lights out. I'm about to hit the highway towards WY and ID for a week of elk hunting, Hopefully I'll get a few more rounds down the tube and into some elk.

The scope riding on top of the LPR is Maven's latest creation, the RS.3. It will launch on their website for pre-order on Oct 15th. It's a 26.5 oz exposed turret scope with a 5-30x zoom range with a 50mm objective lens and a 30mm tube. Check out Maven Built on the 15th to get $300 off this stellar optic.