Lanthrop and Sons........

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
So, after seeing Aron's thread on the insoles I went and checked out the website. How many of you guys are wearing their boot systems?? I like the whole fitting idea.

Have my eye on the Mountain Light GTX and the Alaska GTX. anybody have the low down on these?? are they truly custom fitted??

Yukondog

WKR
I bought the Mtn Lights maybe 6 weeks ago. I can't speak to the custom fit package as I did not go that route. The synergy footbeds and boot are a good fit for me. I have a narrow heal and wider fore foot. I used to have more problems with heal slip, but these boots fit me better. I have not put a ton of miles on yet however I'm liking them to this point. I found that it was easy to talk with James. He answered all my questions. Give him a call, I'm sure he will lead you in the right direction.

Matt

D

david long

I personally didn't go with the custom fit package. I have the Mountain Light GTX's and absolutely love them. They require very little break in and are one of the few boots that I have found where you can take them right out of the box and hit the trail. Very impressed!

I have the Alaskans. No Lanthrop and sons insole. Went the cheaper route. Prob get the Mtn Light hikers at some point

I ran a pair of LOWA Zephyrs last year and while I LOVED them I am looking for something that is still light weight like the Zephyr but offers slightly more support AND has a stiffer sole. After packing out my buck and camp this year I was feeling every rock and ANYTHING I stepped on. I was looking at the Mtn Light GTX or the Cheyenne GTX. Then running insoles as well.

I was looking at it last night. I have a 2011 catalog from them and it seems like a nice little set-up!!!! And I am gonna need some insoles this year.

BH Hunter

FNG
I have the Hanwag Alaskan model from a number of years ago. Before the packages IIRC, did the tracing, photo and footbeds. They are my most uncomfortable boot I have ever worn. I would much prefer to try boots on before buying. Between Cabelas and Scheels I can walk in try them and pick the ones that fit me.

Lawnboi

WKR
I ran a pair of LOWA Zephyrs last year and while I LOVED them I am looking for something that is still light weight like the Zephyr but offers slightly more support AND has a stiffer sole. After packing out my buck and camp this year I was feeling every rock and ANYTHING I stepped on. I was looking at the Mtn Light GTX or the Cheyenne GTX. Then running insoles as well.

If you are partial to lowa boots, try the renegade, or ranger. Both offer what your asking for only a small amount of weight gain. Im a big fan of the renegade and zephyrs. Lowa boots seem to fit my feet best.

I have the Alaskans and the Mtn light Hikers. I really like them both. Also have the footbed and really like it! Lanthrop and Sons are top notch!!!

billy molls

Super Moderator
I've used the Trapper Top boots for going on 7 seasons. I have tried the Alaska GTX, and liked them, but for mountains and wet boggy county, I like the extra 2 inches of top for support and water resistance. The foot beds are great! I would highly recommend them.