Lapua Brass Store - Legitimate Site?

Rick M.

WKR
Hey everyone. I'm looking to purchase some Lapua brass, and they seem to have some available on their site. However, the only forms of payment they accept are Zelle and Crypto, which sort of raises some red flags for me. Is this site legit? Has anyone purchased brass directly from this site? My concern is that this is a fraudulent cover site where you send your money into the void, never to be seen again. Thanks for any help. The site is question is here: https://lapuabrass-store.com/

I believe you are answering your own question.

There's zero chance I'm sending money to an online store that only except that as payment. I'm likely not spending money with a place that even except those payments with other forms.

OP
Rick M.

Rick M.

WKR
Yeah, it doesn't pass the smell test, but I figured I'd still ask in case anyone else has ordered directly from Lapua.

OP
Rick M.

Rick M.

WKR
This one looks like a fake as well. Same exact skin, same checkout:

6tyfive

FNG
I've seen that one and there are some if you look at powder. You get all the way and nothing shows out of stock. Then I find they only take crypto or other payments. I don't feel they are legit so I leave them

A382DWDZQ

WKR
To elaborate on that
  1. The domain was created in May 2022, and was updated December 2nd. That's a red flag.
  2. The site looks like it came online in June, and nothing on their homepage has changed at all. Would expect some of that to change...
  3. The IP address they are using to host that server is part of APNIC, which is the regional Internet address registry for the Asia-Pacific region, so its a likely a foreign entity, though it is slightly masked with private registration details.
  4. The server has public facing database vulnerabilities, so assuming they are legitimate...their security is shit.
  5. These are the other domains hosted on that server that are probably scams also:
    1. chiapparhinofirearms.com
    2. christensenarmory.com
    3. howafirearms.com
    4. marlin1895.com
    5. mossberggunshop.com
    6. sigsauerus.com
    7. usamarlinriflestore.com
    8. waltherfirearmstore.com
    9. wilsonandcombatguns.com

sndmn11

WKR
Hey everyone. I'm looking to purchase some Lapua brass, and they seem to have some available on their site. However, the only forms of payment they accept are Zelle and Crypto, which sort of raises some red flags for me. Is this site legit? Has anyone purchased brass directly from this site? My concern is that this is a fraudulent cover site where you send your money into the void, never to be seen again. Thanks for any help. The site is question is here: https://lapuabrass-store.com/

What brass are you looking for.

MattB

WKR
Hey everyone. I'm looking to purchase some Lapua brass, and they seem to have some available on their site. However, the only forms of payment they accept are Zelle and Crypto, which sort of raises some red flags for me.
Only "sort of"? I would steer well clear.

It's my understanding that Lapua does not sell to the general public. Any site that claims it's Lapua selling components is a fake site