Laramie area hunt. Bring shotgun?

Pro953

WKR
I am headed into the Laramie area for a Antelope hunt in the next few weeks.

The real question is, should I be successful early, should I bring my shotgun to chase Birds or is this not a great area for that. Better off with a small spinning rod to hit some creeks in the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
Fishing is way better than bird hunting anywhere close to Laramie...by a landslide.

ScottP

WKR
You could drive up into the mountains and chase dusky grouse. You can find them in the snowy range.

wytx

WKR
We just have a .22 rifle or pistol for grouse. Bow for grouse hunting while in the field, judo points.

OP
P

Pro953

WKR
We just have a .22 rifle or pistol for grouse. Bow for grouse hunting while in the field, judo points.

Interesting, so I would be better of with a little Ruger 10/22 for rabbits and grouse than a shotgun? Not sure I want to haul my bow out as well.

Headed out for a week so just trying to think of ways to entertain myself should I tag out early. Not really a drinker or tourist type so not interested in heading into town.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
I have never used a shotgun on mountain grouse, 22 pistol or rifle , or my bow. I shoot a longbow so that will tell you how close you can get to the dusky grouse.
Sage grouse take a shotgun.
Fishing gear should be included on your trip too.
Some years waterfowl hunting can be great, pond and river/stream jumping for ducks.