Large Duffle for Gear/Clothes

Voyageur

WKR
Cabela's/Bass Pro Ripcord Duffel:
Affordable
Durable - has 4 hunting trips involving major airline travel under its belt and is still unscathed
One of the largest bags I could find
Not waterproof
Hope this helps

OP
H
I ended up going with a Eberlestock Atlas B4. Basically the small version of the Hercules. I thought the Hercules was too big for what I needed. Lots of options out there that you guys gave me. The Atlas is pretty new to their lineup and I could grab it up with my mil discount. Should be here next Monday.

Kuiu waypoint 10400. Waterproof, durable, don’t see myself needing another duffel for quite a while

Kuiu waypoint 10400 user here.

Took the Kuiu Waypoint 10400 on a recent sheep hunt, thought it worked great and held up very well. Hauled my fully loaded SG 6900 pack and some other items, no rips or tears. I also took the backpack straps off it before flying and used the luggage link to transport it around the airports on top of my Pelican rifle case. Saw at least 10 other guys using them coming back through Edmonton and all of them on the luggage belt looked like they held up to the abuse fine.

To the guys using the 10400 and flying.. are you getting dinged for oversized luggage? Is it tough to keep it under the 50 lbs? And are you still taking a carry-on?

I am headed to alaska next year and picked up the waypoint 5500, planning on using that for all my clothes and random gear, and then carrying on my pack.. but I'm seeing a lot more guys mention the 10400, so I'm wondering if I should've got that one instead?

OMB

WKR
To the guys using the 10400 and flying.. are you getting dinged for oversized luggage? Is it tough to keep it under the 50 lbs? And are you still taking a carry-on?

I am headed to alaska next year and picked up the waypoint 5500, planning on using that for all my clothes and random gear, and then carrying on my pack.. but I'm seeing a lot more guys mention the 10400, so I'm wondering if I should've got that one instead?
From a length/width standpoint, it's right at the max size for not being considered oversized luggage, but I could see it being easy to go over on weight. I don't think I ever got dinged for being overweight, or if I did it was so minimal that I didn't think anything of it.

For my trip, I carried on North Face backpack with binos/rain gear/paperwork/toiletries for under my seat and then a Kuiu Taku 3000 with boots and some smaller items in the overhead. On the way back down because horns took up a lot of space, I took the lid off an SG 6900 pack and compressed it down as my carry with binos/other items and stuffed everything else in the Waypoint. A lot of other hunters did the pack as a carry on too, I'd rather use something smaller and more nondescript for travel though.

Dented

WKR
I've been beating the crap out of Nomar Alaska and Watershed dry bags. Not cheap, but I don't worry about anything I put in them.

PA Hunter

WKR
What's everyone using for bigger bag or duffle for hunting clothes and gear? Mainly used for long trips in the truck.

Just got the Sitka 110L, but not sure how well I like it yet. Have been looking at the Mystery Ranch Mission Duffle.
I bought the Kuiu Taku 9000 i can put my Kuiu 7800 ci pack,boots ect in there basically all my hunting gear for an Alaska supercub drop hunt. Everything in one waterproof bag.

slick

WKR

Could you put too much in it? Of course.

I just planned accordingly. Had 40ish lbs in the 10400. Food for 10 days, sleep system, water filtration, mountaineering boots, all clothes (rain, insulation) etc.

I don’t think it matters as long as you can get everything in your bag that you need within the weight limit.

I’m just a fan of bigger bags. Can’t make a small one bigger.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m actually on a trip right now to Argentina with the 10400. It was 7 pounds over but no one said anything about the weight or dimensions

Badbags - Made in USA. I started with a no.3 5 years ago. Have added next 2 sizes since then. Super happy with them and they are stout.

schmalzy

WKR
Mountain hardware expedition duffle is my vote. Rugged and well made. Fit a loaded SG pack, some extra traveling clothes and odds and ends just fine. Easy to carry, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drra

FNG
I use the Cabelas Boundary Water Duffel bag, not only is it waterproof but your pack can also fit in it for travelling if you want.

I have both stone glaciers duffles and like them. No issues and hold up well. Used them on a few vacations, rode on top of the suv in Maine for a week, and survived my daughters basketball camp.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Military Wheeled Deployment Bag Tactical Camo Heavy Duty Duffel Bag https://a.co/d/e2zKbJh

Not sure if this is exact same brand as what I have. Had it for 7 years and stuffed it overfill a few times. Still like new

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t know the model or style number, but I bought a Cabela’s duffel that is waterproof. It was the largest one they had at that time and it is huge. I can put my Kifaru backpack in there with room to spare and zip it up and throw in the truck if need be. They should be easy to find on Cabela’s website.