Large Duffle for Gear/Clothes

What's everyone using for bigger bag or duffle for hunting clothes and gear? Mainly used for long trips in the truck.

Just got the Sitka 110L, but not sure how well I like it yet. Have been looking at the Mystery Ranch Mission Duffle.

Patagonia black hole and the northface base camp get my vote. I own a smaller black hole I really like but I also hear nothing but good about the north face bag. Granted you might just want a more hunting branded bag.

Bonus: the XL TNF duffel comes in camo if you are into that.

Last edited:
I won a banded welded zipper duffel bag at a veteran duck hunt. It’s huge and the best bag I own.

This looks pretty awesome:

I have an ogio duffle made for motorcross that I have been using for 14 years that is tough as nails.

slick

WKR
Kuiu waypoint 10400 user here.

No complaints. Been on a few airplane rides now and in the field once.

I've used a Cabela's boundry waters duffel for years. It's perfect for tossing in the back of the truck because it's waterproof and dust proof.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the Cabelas Boundary Waters Duffel. I've been using them for the past few years and they are holding up well. A couple dedicated for clothing, another for equip, and another for towing/recovery gear.

OP
H

I have an ogio duffle made for motorcross that I have been using for 14 years that is tough as nails.
Dang, that Hercules does look pretty awesome.

If you want a no frills duffel, check out Mountain Ridge Gear. As I understand it, he use to sew for Kifaru and was the one who made their original duffels. I picked up a large to take on a September elk hunt. Will be great to throw in a saddle pannier.

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider

I use my old motocross gear bag also, glad to see I'm not the only person.

OMB

WKR
Took the Kuiu Waypoint 10400 on a recent sheep hunt, thought it worked great and held up very well. Hauled my fully loaded SG 6900 pack and some other items, no rips or tears. I also took the backpack straps off it before flying and used the luggage link to transport it around the airports on top of my Pelican rifle case. Saw at least 10 other guys using them coming back through Edmonton and all of them on the luggage belt looked like they held up to the abuse fine.

I have a First Lite Medium Dirtbag duffel.

It's not quite river trip or long drive in the rain waterproof, but I'm really happy with it for a general purpose waterproof bag.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I have an XL North Face Base Camp bag. It's been going strong for 10 years. I wouldn't leave it in an uncovered truck bed for a week, but for transporting gear it's great. No organization, it's just a large cavern of storage.

If you wanted something that can be exposed to the elements, I'd agree a rafting/boating bag would be a better choice.