Largest bodied black tail you’ve seen?

Eastfork

FNG
Thats also my back yard:) I've been hunting up there a long time, used to see some really huge bodied bucks up there. Will be interesting to see how things are now after the fires we had in there a couple years ago.

This is from up there from 4 years ago, one of the bigger bucks I've seen no idea on weight but he was a brute.

awesome buck!!!!

There are some nice bucks in here. I hunt Kodiak also, this is the largest bodied deer I've killed here in six seasons. This was early October before he started chasing does. He was certainly on the heftier side from the others I've killed. I think he had the Diabi-tus.655CE1E8-08EC-49B1-BE64-AE13AACFAEEF_1_201_a.jpeg

Rogue Bay

WKR
There are some nice bucks in here. I hunt Kodiak also, this is the largest bodied deer I've killed here in six seasons. This was early October before he started chasing does. He was certainly on the heftier side from the others I've killed. I think he had the Diabi-tus.View attachment 555298
That buck is super thick. Reminds me of a seal with antlers. Great buck!

I grew up in western Washington, where the biggest of bucks might reach 200 pounds. My grandfather, born in Cathlamet in 1911, killed a number of monster bucks back in the '20s and '30s. This was a different time, of course, when old growth timber gave way to colossal clearcuts, causing an explosion in blacktail deer numbers and size.
According to him, this was the largest buck he ever killed, and he said it weighed over 300 pounds. I believe they gutted it afield and then hauled the carcass back to town by logging train. There's no way to prove him right or wrong, but it's certainly a big buck for western Washington. I still have the antlers and the .250-3000 Savage 99, too, which are some of my most prized possessions.

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 24