Largest, most comfortable, fanny/lumbar pack

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I've done a crapload of research but maybe I'm missing something. Who has a comfortable large fanny pack?? Looking for actual experience with any of them if at all possible.

Thanks,

Randy

The Daystalker from Kifaru was nice if you can find one used. I have used the Pinnacle from Nimrod and the Outfitter which is more a 3/4 pack. The Nimrod pack are some of the MOST quality made packs I have ever owned. I would actually like to have an Outfitter bag mounted to my Bikini Frame.

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hands down Nimrod Pinnacle Pack. It is a workhorse of a Daypack and it has internal stays to handle loads. Made of Soft quite fleece and holds 1300 CI. Has a bladder compartment and the Belt System on the Nimrod with Harness make it butter to carry in the field.

You can find it here. http://www.nimrodpacks.com/n125.html Let me know if you have any questions I have one and love it.

Hey SHTF, can you use the weapon containment system with the bugle and the guide pack? The photos show it with the pinnacle system but I may go with a little bigger pack. I've actually got a really really old system from them with the rifle scabbard which i did not like but the weapon containment system looks like it may work. Thanks for the info.

Randy

duchntr

WKR
Check out bison gear packs out of montana, I own the outfitter model and its bombproof and with a no questions asked lifetime warranty you cant beat it. You can also get them with an expandable game bag for that first trip out with an animal down.

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone try a Badlands Blackjack yet? I am looking for a lightweight fanny pack to use at a spike camp. I already have a 3# cabelas fanny pack, need something around 1000cc, lighter and more packable.

arffdog875

Lil-Rokslider
I have experience with the Nimrod Fire packs, they are bomb proof and comfortable with full load. I carried it for 10+ years and still have it ( I am retired now) No seems or stitches have blown out, only a few broken buckles. They are worth every penny!

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy. You sure can Thats the beauty of Nimrod system it is universal every piece can attach to every other piece. Tell Doug or Beth (Whoever you talk to at Nimrod that James sent you from Rokslide. They will take good care of you.

James

James, thanks for the info and I may really look into these. Back in 1995 when I ran my first ultra run, they donated packs as it was a fundraiser---very nice folks and the packs were great. I'm still a little confused on how the frame attaches to the systems........

Randy