Larry Gougerfield

Was not really expecting Midway USA to hop on the gouging wagon so readily. I invested in a nice .22 trainer a few years ago. Incredibly accurate .22. My “cheap” ammo that was 80%+ as good as the premium stuff was Norma TAC-22. Would normally be stock at Sportsman’s and almost always on sale for $3.98. Normally $4.98 for 50 catouches.

yes I realize we are in a ammo/primer/powder pandemic. Sportsman’s stopped carrying that ammo. I’ve been on a notification list or two for half a year. Really didn’t expect Larry to run the prices thru the roof. I’ll do everything I can to never buy from that CS ever again F6716A05-56D3-40DA-A51D-97A30A80CF29.jpeg

Not sure but I also noticed their ammo prices have increased quite a bit over the last few weeks. Even the out of stock stuff i had on a wishlist went way up. For example i bought some .308 core lokts for my kids to shoot at the range last December and it was 16 dollars a box. Now it's 29.99 a box on my wishlist.

TX_Diver

WKR
Midway's definitely creeping the prices up a bit but they definitely haven't gone full CTD yet at least.

I still haven't bought much from them recently though and have just waited for stuff from powdervalley, midsouth, or brownells.

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
Lol while the monicker Larry Gougerfield is hilarious...

Larry Potterfield has done a tremendous amount of good for the shooting, hunting, 2A community. Tremendous. Midway provides us a great service

As just an economic principle note, adjusting price to demand is not always a bad thing

On a practical note... Midway has ammo in stock? You want it for that price or not? No? Bet someone does. If not they’ll eat it

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Midways prices have always been a touch high on ammo. However lately they have gone up drastically along with everyone else. I've been eyeing the 6.8 western for no good reason. Midway has that in stock today but at $54 a box its damn hard to even think about it as a new chambering.

If anyone wants to jump on the untested round bandwagon there is a seat open.

Midways prices have always been a touch high on ammo. However lately they have gone up drastically along with everyone else. I've been eyeing the 6.8 western for no good reason. Midway has that in stock today but at $54 a box its damn hard to even think about it as a new chambering.

That was 34.99 a box last week

Lawnboi

WKR

The last lot of creedmoor ammo. Hornady match, you know the stuff that was 26 bucks a box all last year, is now 45 a box, and sold out quick.

Raising prices because the cost to get it is going up, I understand. Might as well just raise everything now. Next maybe we can do raise taxes 40% too, I mean Covid and cleaning supplies and stuff.

Bunch of bullshit. A kick in the balls to recreational shooters.

I normally shop elsewhere but some stuff I still go with midway.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The last lot of creedmoor ammo. Hornady match, you know the stuff that was 26 bucks a box all last year, is now 45 a box, and sold out quick.

Raising prices because the cost to get it is going up, I understand. Might as well just raise everything now. Next maybe we can do raise taxes 40% too, I mean Covid and cleaning supplies and stuff.

Agreed thats why I'm just sitting this bullshit out and waiting mostly. Probably going to have to start rolling my own when that becomes feasible again.

If you don't think taxes are going to to 50% i hate to tell you something.
Gotta pay for all that stimulus and all the people on unemployment because there's gonna be major layoff after $15 min is implemented.

OP
J
These little plinker rounds went up 300%....wish my portfolio grew "accordingly with the times" like Larry's business model. 300% is a bit more than Standard Increase.

wmd

Lil-Rokslider
Its impossible to say if he is gouging without knowing what his cost was on that ammo. If a business doesn't increase its pricing when their cost is going up to replace current inventory they don't remain in business very long.

Nomad2217

FNG
Keep an eye on Walmart. I just picked up 3 boxes of Winchester .22 LR 333rounds for $17 a box. I usually hit up the various stores to see what they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk