Larry Gougerfield

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly, raising prices is the only thing that will stop the hoarders. Hopefully, they will run out of money so a guy who works for a living (me) can buy a box whenever I want so I can go to range once in a while... then prices will crash because of oversupply and good times will be had by all. Someday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If prices ever do get back down to where they were I suggest learning from these times and making a stockpile a priority. Because this will happen again

And don’t get me started on “hoarders.” What someone chooses to spent their money on and how much stock they choose to keep is hardly any of my business

CorbLand

WKR
If prices ever do get back down to where they were I suggest learning from these times and making a stockpile a priority. Because this will happen again

And don’t get me started on “hoarders.” What someone chooses to spent their money on and how much stock they choose to keep is hardly any of my business
Production will stay high and demand will eventually fall. Same thing happened when Trump got elected. Then everyone will see large quantities again, get less scared, stop buying it and in 4-8 years bitch about price gouging again. Its a predictable cycle.

TheTone

WKR
I overheard a couple guys buying the last couple boxes of 308 ammo at my local store the other day. They were talking about how neither one had a 308 and was simply buying it to resell. Ugh!

Lawnboi

WKR
I overheard a couple guys buying the last couple boxes of 308 ammo at my local store the other day. They were talking about how neither one had a 308 and was simply buying it to resell. Ugh!
Reselling is what’s creating the problem. Too bad for the shooting industry..... which appeared to be really growing

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
No it’s just a symptom of the problem, which is demand far exceeding supply and the failure of retailers to adjust price to said demand

The real market price far exceeds the retail price. If you could buy $20 bills for $10 each from the store, would you?

CorbLand

WKR
I will add that this is not the only market that has seen this this year. It happened with all PPE stuff.

Hell, it even happened with the new Xbox that came out. People created bots to buy the new Xbox online, then they were selling them on Ebay for double. One dude bought 75,000 dollars worth of Xboxs to be resold. Most stores pulled them from their online stores and when you went to WalMart they had a sign at the front saying if they had or didnt have it.

I would imagine that the same shit is happening with online stores in this industry too. Some times we are victims of our own success.

11boo

WKR
All you guys who are ammo and component poor, learn from this. Unless they make it illegal, all stocks of ammo will rebound. Shelves will be full,prices will drop. Pounce hard when that happens. Not just enough for the summer, enough for a few years. Take up reloading then. Much easier to store 20k primers than 20k loaded rounds. Hear me now, believe me later. You are welcome, and I am still shooting.

jodorouse

FNG
All you guys who are ammo and component poor, learn from this. Unless they make it illegal, all stocks of ammo will rebound. Shelves will be full,prices will drop. Pounce hard when that happens. Not just enough for the summer, enough for a few years. Take up reloading then. Much easier to store 20k primers than 20k loaded rounds. Hear me now, believe me later. You are welcome, and I am still shooting.

Meh... I have shooting bow to fall back on. When was the last time you saw a run on arrow shafts and field tips. Plus I don’t need to invest $5-$10k in reloading inventory and capital investments.

Meh... I have shooting bow to fall back on. When was the last time you saw a run on arrow shafts and field tips. Plus I don’t need to invest $5-$10k in reloading inventory and capital investments.

Uhh yeah last year last 2 months before season 300 spine axis shafts were none existence.
And my shop told me to get what I need now as they see if happening again. There not bare bit they said there struggling to get products in.
Soooo careful what you wish for.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Arrow shafts were hard to come by this past year too lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jodorouse

FNG
Debbie downers... at least I have couch sized amount of TP inventory where my empty casings, primers and arrow shafts should be...

Rob5589

WKR
Uhh yeah last year last 2 months before season 300 spine axis shafts were none existence.
And my shop told me to get what I need now as they see if happening again. There not bare bit they said there struggling to get products in.
Soooo careful what you wish for.

Arrow shafts were hard to come by this past year too lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You guys didn't stock up?? I have tons to sell. 100.00 per arrow. I hang out in front of my local shop and buy everything they restock every morning...:sneaky:

jodorouse

FNG
You guys didn't stock up?? I have tons to sell. 100.00 per arrow. I hang out in front of my local shop and buy everything they restock every morning...:sneaky:

Just like that GameStop stock, keep buying, and it will be fine.

The reality of sourcing goods in todays times are lost on you folks. transportation, labor and raw material issues are causing price increase in everything that is sold on store shelves. Container freight has gone up %300 in the last few months. I just recieved an additonial 9% increase from a vendor that did a 3% a couple of months ago. I do not expect this situation to end this year.

supply of goods is just not keeping up with the demand today. No one expected , oh i can't work, so i will buy stuff. Inventory levels at the supplier level are gone, so therefore retailers do not have stock to replenish what they sold. it sucks big time. disclaimer, i own a retail business.

OP
J
I have plenty of primers and have powder. What I am floored at......is the complete lack of BULLETS. I've never seen a shortage of bullets. It's always been primers. Then powder. Never seen loaded ammo (other than .22LR) be scarce. Really never envision bullets being impossible to find. Even "odd" stuff.....338" 200 Accubonds. Who is heading out the range for an afternoon plinking with their 338 Win Mag? That diameter bullet should be on every shelf. Followed by .257....who shoots a 25-06 anymore? Those are gone too.

jesse
everything is gone, i would typically run $600,000 in inventory, did that for decades, now i have under $300,000 and i am going to tell you it will take 6-8 months to get your order. last febuary i was quoting 8-12 weeks.