Larry Gougerfield

jlh42581

WKR
You think thats bad, Ive been on the hunt for 270 ammo, luckily a guy on a forum sold me a box. This shit is ridiculous, $4-5 a round. Ill just wait or kill em with a bow.

AZ8

WKR
Midways prices have always been a touch high on ammo. However lately they have gone up drastically along with everyone else. I've been eyeing the 6.8 western for no good reason. Midway has that in stock today but at $54 a box its damn hard to even think about it as a new chambering.

If anyone wants to jump on the untested round bandwagon there is a seat open.
Was eyeing that myself. Just can’t justify buying it right now with the high ammo prices.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
So I see these guys grab everything off the shelf of the local big sporting good store.
They know when the trucks come in.

And they sit at the gunshow and resell it for a 2 bucks more a box.
Drives me nuts.

Vandy321

WKR
Call it what you want, it's price gouging. Why make excuses for them...they know what they're doing, its supply and demand at work, like it or not.

Federal has ammo on its website at pre-covid prices, as does cabelas, and sportsmans.

So long Midway.

OP
J
Its impossible to say if he is gouging without knowing what his cost was on that ammo. If a business doesn't increase its pricing when their cost is going up to replace current inventory they don't remain in business very long.
Really think the cost of making .22 Long Rifle ammo went up 300% in 6 months?

OP
J
Sure AF did.....It's a no win for "us". No more 223 with Blue Dot and 55grn bulk bullets. No more cast bullets over 3 grains of cheap powder for 9mm plinking loads at pennies per round. Lotta pennies maybe.

That's why I said...."back to Archery for me"

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ordered from this company? I did a little internet research and man they have some really bad reviews.
No. I was posting to show that firstly the ammunition sold out immediately at that price, and secondly the only other place that has it in stock is about the same price. For $1 more per box I’d gladly give Midway my business over a company with crappy reviews

The buyers determine the price not the seller. They’re not gouging anyone. It’s called capitalism. If they weren’t selling them at those prices, they would lower the prices. It’s called supply and demand. Basic 10th grade economics.

Rob5589

WKR
Sure AF did.....It's a no win for "us". No more 223 with Blue Dot and 55grn bulk bullets. No more cast bullets over 3 grains of cheap powder for 9mm plinking loads at pennies per round. Lotta pennies maybe.

That's why I said...."back to Archery for me"
Ahh, the good ole days. Lead, copper, brass, have all gone up. I imagine importing powder cost more now as well.

If you don't like Midway's 26-30¢/round price, you could buy:
0 rounds at 7¢ ea
0 rounds at 8¢ ea
0 rounds at 9¢ ea
0 rounds at 12¢ ea
500 rounds at 24¢ ea

Midway isn't "gouging" anyone. They're offering you a product at a price in accordance with their interpretation of current supply/demand conditions. If they're wrong and are asking more than customers are willing to pay, sales will be diverted to competitors and they'll be forced to reduce their prices.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
It's only gouging if you pay it. Right now the market is determining prices.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Call it what you want, it's price gouging. Why make excuses for them...they know what they're doing, its supply and demand at work, like it or not.
If its supply and demand at work, then its not price gouging.

Why isnt anyone bitching about fuel prices? Oil companies were paying, paying, people to take their oil and yet fuel has gone up 10%.

mlgc20

WKR
I hope that all retailers continue to raise prices. We need to bridge the gap between the price retailers are charging and the price that the market really is. Otherwise, folks will continue to just buy up everything at retail so they can sell it on Gunbroker and gun shows. It's an arbitrage market at this point.