Larry Gougerfield

Same here, but not the pricing - it is the shipping that has ground my last gear.

Fast - not any more.

Two weeks ago I ordered a set of scope rings. They qualified for 'free' shipping. Note, nothing is free.

Next morning (Saturday) I got a "we've shipped your order" notice with a tracking number, however it wasn't until Tuesday afternoon that the shipper actually took possession of the package.

It didn't ship on Saturday. The label was created in the computer system and that is it. Sometime, either Monday or Tuesday it got picked, packaged, and Tuesday afternoon it actually left their facility.

That is not "Fast". It is not unreasonable either, but it doesn't measure up the the "I've always been a stickler for fast shipping..." that they still advertise.

Don't tell me that it has shipped until it has actually left your facility. Telling me it shipped on Saturday was a lie.

How it shipped is another problem I have since they still want to claim "fast shipping". My package is being sent by UPS Mail Innovations....... This is where a UPS and USPS hand the package back and forth and neither of them seem to care. Even the tracking states it is not a "Day Definite Service" which translates to "We have no idea when you'll get your package."

They are pretty 'innovative' for sure. On the 19th the package was supposedly transferred to USPS in a town less than 50 miles from me. The regional distribution hub for USPS is there. It should have been here the next day.
Nope. It went from there to a town 150+ miles away in Tennessee........ back to an Innovations facility. The icing on the innovative cake is it went right past me on its way there.

It has been stuck in Tennessee now for 3 days.

The last straw. I ordered a different set of rings a couple days ago. Didn't qualify for "free" shipping. Silly me thought that paying actual shipping - it would be shipped by a sole source.

Nope - it went out using the UPS Mail Innovations. God doesn't even know when they will show up.

Both orders were just for a set of rings. Each could have been stuck in a bubble envelope and mailed. Four or five days and they would have been here.

Good bye Larry. I'm not buying your shipping hype anymore.
Everything shipping to/from/through the midwest has been delayed over the past couple weeks due to the weather. I had multiple packages from various sources (not Midway) shipped via various carriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx) get delayed by a week or more. I don't think it's fair to put all the blame on Midway in this particular case.

CorbLand

WKR
Same here, but not the pricing - it is the shipping that has ground my last gear.

Fast - not any more.

Two weeks ago I ordered a set of scope rings. They qualified for 'free' shipping. Note, nothing is free.

Next morning (Saturday) I got a "we've shipped your order" notice with a tracking number, however it wasn't until Tuesday afternoon that the shipper actually took possession of the package.

It didn't ship on Saturday. The label was created in the computer system and that is it. Sometime, either Monday or Tuesday it got picked, packaged, and Tuesday afternoon it actually left their facility.

That is not "Fast". It is not unreasonable either, but it doesn't measure up the the "I've always been a stickler for fast shipping..." that they still advertise.

Don't tell me that it has shipped until it has actually left your facility. Telling me it shipped on Saturday was a lie.

How it shipped is another problem I have since they still want to claim "fast shipping". My package is being sent by UPS Mail Innovations....... This is where a UPS and USPS hand the package back and forth and neither of them seem to care. Even the tracking states it is not a "Day Definite Service" which translates to "We have no idea when you'll get your package."

They are pretty 'innovative' for sure. On the 19th the package was supposedly transferred to USPS in a town less than 50 miles from me. The regional distribution hub for USPS is there. It should have been here the next day.
Nope. It went from there to a town 150+ miles away in Tennessee........ back to an Innovations facility. The icing on the innovative cake is it went right past me on its way there.

The last straw. I ordered a different set of rings a couple days ago. Didn't qualify for "free" shipping. Silly me thought that paying actual shipping - it would be shipped by a sole source.

Nope - it went out using the UPS Mail Innovations. God doesn't even know when they will show up.

Both orders were just for a set of rings. Each could have been stuck in a bubble envelope and mailed. Four or five days and they would have been here.

This is pretty standard practice and all mail carriers are behind and have been for months. None of this falls on the company but the mail carrier. The company prints the label, this sends a message to USPS, UPS, FEDEX or whoever they use that they need to come get a package. Then they come pick it up. It would be nearly impossible for a business to know when every package went out their door as most have a pickup spot that they pile everything. We do this all the time, the UPS guy comes in, drops packages off and takes the one in the UPS spot. 75% of the time we don't even know he has come and our store is pretty small compared to others.

If you ordered this on 13th and it shipped through USPS and the label was created after they came on Saturday it wouldn't have been picked up as USPS doesn't run on Sundays and Monday was a holiday. I dont think any mail carriers do pickup on Sundays, so the soonest this would have gone out, is Monday anyways. I would say a 24 hour delay with what most carriers are dealing with is pretty good.

I needed to overnight a package from Idaho Falls, Idaho to Salt Lake City, Utah about a month and half ago. That is a 3 hour drive and UPS couldn't guarantee that it would make it in time. The guy helping me literally told me that if it needed to be there by the next day it would be best for me to drive it and personally drop it off. You have to understand that most shipping places saw a massive increase in demand in weeks. They cant keep up with the demand they have and the demand most likely will not continue so its not worth spending money to mitigate it. Even if it was worth it, they cant do it in the snap of a finger and its been less than a year.

You are blaming people for things that are out of their control.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but hopefully manufacturers are raising their prices. They should raise them to the point the Gunbroker market is dead.

Benefits:
1) You can at least buy what you want when you want it
2) More revenue is raised for conservation

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think it's fair to put all the blame on Midway in this particular case.

You are blaming people for things that are out of their control.

It is Midway's choice and in their control for who they use or how they ship.

They chose to use UPS Mail Innovations which seems to be some 3rd party hybrid bouncing stuff between UPS and USPS, and this service is poor and slow, however they still advertise that fast shipping is a company priority.

Anything I have had shipped with a sole carrier, UPS, FedEx, or USPS, has arrived in a reasonable time. Tracking as well as an expected delivery date has been reasonable as well. The service Midway has chosen can do neither.

I have let Midway know that their choice to use this type of service is unsatisfactory and will result in a loss of my business.

Sorry for the rant.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Fast - not any more.

They have zero control over what USPS does. None

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
It is Midway's choice and in their control for who they use or how they ship.

They chose to use UPS Mail Innovations which seems to be some 3rd party hybrid bouncing stuff between UPS and USPS, and this service is poor and slow, however they still advertise that fast shipping is a company priority.

Anything I have had shipped with a sole carrier, UPS, FedEx, or USPS, has arrived in a reasonable time. Tracking as well as an expected delivery date has been reasonable as well. The service Midway has chosen can do neither.

I have let Midway know that their choice to use this type of service is unsatisfactory and will result in a loss of my business.

Sorry for the rant.
It is your choice and its a free market. All I am saying is that all carriers are behind. Like I said in my post, UPS could not guarantee delivery of an envelope the next day for a drive time of 3 hours.

In the example above me, with Zap getting his in a couple of days. Midway is headquartered in Columbia, Missouri. Zap is located in North East, Kansas. Columbia, Missouri to the middle of Kansas is 5 hours. So its probably reasonable to assume that its less than 3 hours and it still took over 24hours.

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
It is your choice and its a free market. All I am saying is that all carriers are behind. Like I said in my post, UPS could not guarantee delivery of an envelope the next day for a drive time of 3 hours.

At least UPS told you they couldn't guarantee the service. Kudo's to them for being honest.

I would think that a "stickler for fast shipping" would be more careful in the shipping carrier they chose. This Mail Innovations service, in my opinion is not a good choice. Like I said, any sole source carrier would have done better.

I put a lot in words. You say X, then mean it. Don't use catchy words like Stickler, Nitro Fast, etc if you (or the shipping market) can't back them up.

Yes, shipping is and has been for some time a problem. Perhaps it would be best to drop the pre-shipping nightmare advertising claims until the system can support them.

Maybe I am just the bozo for still seeing the fast shipping hype on their website and not realizing it is pure horse manure.

Again, sorry for the rant. It was a little strong.

I'm just tired of the excuses and needed to vent a little.

Midway needs to kick this Innovations stuff to the curb though. Seriously, their performance is pathetic.

CorbLand

WKR
At least UPS told you they couldn't guarantee the service. Kudo's to them for being honest.

I would think that a "stickler for fast shipping" would be more careful in the shipping carrier they chose. This Mail Innovations service, in my opinion is not a good choice. Like I said, any sole source carrier would have done better.

I put a lot in words. You say X, then mean it. Don't use catchy words like Stickler, Nitro Fast, etc if you (or the shipping market) can't back them up.

Yes, shipping is and has been for some time a problem. Perhaps it would be best to drop the pre-shipping nightmare advertising claims until the system can support them.

Maybe I am just the bozo for still seeing the fast shipping hype on their website and not realizing it is pure horse manure.

Again, sorry for the rant. It was a little strong.

I'm just tired of the excuses and needed to vent a little.

Midway needs to kick this Innovations stuff to the curb though. Seriously, their performance is pathetic.
Like I said, its a free market and I fully support anyone that doesn't want to do business with a company for any reason. I am just saying there is a lot of factors here to be laying the blame solely on Midway. I have never bought a single thing from Midway and primarily shop locally for this stuff so I have zero experience with them.

It really comes down to what you define as fast shipping and from whose stand point that is determined by. I personally view it as if a company says fast shipping, that means they get the order processed and submitted to the shipping company fast. Once they have done that, it falls on the shipping company and is out of the businesses hands. The Innovations deal may be reasonably timed when things are normal and that is why they use them. It may be the most cost affordable option for them and jumping everything to UPS, would increase shipping costs thus Midway would need to increase their costs to you and there are 10 threads of people complaining about costs increasing. Jumping everything to UPS just because they are faster could also slow UPS down, so UPS may have told Midway we aren't taking any orders from you. Like I said, there could be a million factors at play here that you and I don't even understand.

I deal with this daily. I work for a University and have students call and ask if we have received their transcripts yet. We tell them no and they ask us why not and lay the blame at our feet. How is it my fault that a shipping company hasn't delivered a package to us yet? Then we will receive it and everyone runs off the time frame of when they sent it. "How have you not processed it yet? I sent it three weeks ago!" When in reality we received it yesterday. I got an email once at 6PM Friday ( I leave the office at 5) and a follow up email asking why I haven't responded yet at, I sent this 2 days ago at 7AM Monday morning. ( I get unto the office at 830)

Its a free country and market. Spend your money how and where you see fit and meets your expectations. All I am saying is make sure that you are being reasonable in what you expect. I don't care if you never shop at Midway again but don't go blaming them for things they cant control. If it had taken Midway 5 days to process your order then I would say that they haven't lived up to their fast shipping motto but in this case, I think you should be laying the blame at the shipping company more than Midway but your free to do you man.

Reactions: WCB

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
Like I said, there could be a million factors at play here that you and I don't even understand.

Thanks for the reality check.

I just blew an "I'm sick of this crap" fuse.

Unlike straight UPS or USPS tracking, Innovations doesn't give you all the details. Apparently when it should have been given to USPS in Evansville, it went the wrong way to Tennessee and it is now in a miss-directed black hole.

The second set of rings I ordered could show up before the first set....... provided Innovations doesn't screw that one up as well.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider

Unlike straight UPS or USPS tracking, Innovations doesn't give you all the details. Apparently when it should have been given to USPS in Evansville, it went the wrong way to Tennessee and it is now in a miss-directed black hole.

The second set of rings I ordered could show up before the first set....... provided Innovations doesn't screw that one up as well.
Had a package take a detour recently via USPS. Guy was shipping me some car parts from Phoenix to Albuquerque. Package went to Nevada, then Washington (Seattle iirc) before it made it here a week and a half late. So much for 2 day priority on that one. Seemed like a black hole (have a few packages in that hole right now, all a week late), but it eventually showed up even though tracking never really updated.

Midway has shipped like that for years. Using FedEx or UPS to ship to your local post office and then having the Post office deliver to your address.
Ive complained of this for years, and complain every time they ask me for a review.
Its always added at least a day or two to every package they ship me. Even more for the years the Post office wasn’t doing Saturday delivery. It’s nonsense considering both UPS and Fedex deliver directly to me weekly, and most all other companies charge similar shipping prices to use FedEx or UPS door to door.

CorbLand

WKR

I fully understand how frustrating it is. I had a package go from Rhode Island, to Salt Lake, to Las Vegas, to Salt Lake then to me in northern Utah. It cost me two days for whatever happened there. It was from Rhode Island and wasn’t cheap so you can imagine what was in the box and how much I was dying to get them.

WCB

WKR
Like I said, its a free market and I fully support anyone that doesn't want to do business with a company for any reason. I am just saying there is a lot of factors here to be laying the blame solely on Midway. I have never bought a single thing from Midway and primarily shop locally for this stuff so I have zero experience with them.

It really comes down to what you define as fast shipping and from whose stand point that is determined by. I personally view it as if a company says fast shipping, that means they get the order processed and submitted to the shipping company fast. Once they have done that, it falls on the shipping company and is out of the businesses hands.
I couldn't agree more...If I see it left the businesses facility in a reasonable time (customers have to be reasonable especially in the firearms/ammo market as everyone is at capacity) and especially if I didn't pay additional for shipping, I have no beef with them. Now when it sits in a FEDEX distribution center for 1.5 weeks then they don't even attempt to deliver it but say they did and try to charge the original company I purchased from a 2nd time for shipping. That is where I draw the line.

I get customer returns at my job and get the same thing as you CorbLand. They see it was delivered to out facility and two days later the call and ask we was determined on their issue. How am I supposed to know the package hasn't made it through security screening and to my desk or has and it is Monday morning at 10 A.M. Your package probably won't get opened until Thursday when we get things under control from the weekend and the first part of the week. Also, we have a process it has to go through once opened that could take a day or a month, because of the demand on our facility right now, to go through to determine the issue.

I am with most people when I order something I would like it tomorrow if possible...but most the time if it doesn't come for even a couple weeks...whatever it'll get here when it gets here.

mt100gr.

WKR
Ol' Larry sure knocked it out of the park on this one!! Lol. There's a difference between fast shipping and shipping fast.

I think my 3 year old could have packed these bullets more securely....but he's the stickler!!

No hard feelings, really. I'll use midway again if/when necessary. I've been getting a kick out of this thread so I figured I'd keep it going.

20210305_181302.jpg20210305_181243.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
Ol' Larry sure knocked it out of the park on this one!! Lol. There's a difference between fast shipping and shipping fast.

I think my 3 year old could have packed these bullets more securely....but he's the stickler!!

No hard feelings, really. I'll use midway again if/when necessary. I've been getting a kick out of this thread so I figured I'd keep it going.

View attachment 271110View attachment 271111
That’s good. Atleast they were not in a bubble mailer.

I always pay the extra for UPS at midway too. The sure post takes forever