Lasik vs PRK Surgery

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
So I finally got sick enough of contacts and glasses to go in for a refractive surgery consultation. Doc says I would be a candidate for either Lasik or PRK surgery. At this point either would be a vast improvement from the -8.00 I currently have.

Do any of you guys out there that had Lasik done regret not getting PRK? It would be nice to not have to worry about the epithelial flap becoming dislodged after surgery, but the PRK recovery also seems like a royal PITA.

40tude

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had both...
You have the right idea, Prk recovery sucked comparatively. This close to hunting season, lasik seems like the no brainer.

Wapiti1

WKR
Lasik also, in 2003. It wasn't hard to recover from and I never worried about the flap.

Best part was seeing the clock when I woke up the following morning. It wasn't just a red blob on the nightstand.

Jeremy

BigDog00

WKR
Lasik also, in 2003. It wasn't hard to recover from and I never worried about the flap.

Best part was seeing the clock when I woke up the following morning. It wasn't just a red blob on the nightstand.

Jeremy
Its funny you say this, I had the same experience. I thought it was the coolest thing to be able to see the clock when I woke up.

One of the best things I've ever done was get lasik.

My wife was close to legally blind without glasses. She was not a candidate for Lasik so she had PRK. For a few days after she had to have her eyes shut completely with bandages. Then it was dark sunglasses for about a month. I guess it was rough as far as eye surgeries go but completely worth it.

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
I had PRK originally followed up by Lasik. Was great originally until vision started to deteriorate. Diagnosed with scarring on cornea. Vision 20/600. Scleara lens which are a pain in the a%% are my salvation. So be careful

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
I had PRK done about 10 years ago. My vision is still great since the procedure. Recovery was brutal. Immense pain for a few days that transition to moderate pain for probably another week. It’s the kind of pain that you can’t get comfortable with. Brutal. Took awhile for my vision to return fully as well. Didn’t drive for awhile. I ended up hunting deer a month or so after and it was questionable. Still glad I had a procedure. If I had to do it again I’d consider going lasik.

prm

WKR
Yup, the clock after lasik! Same here.

My son had Prk that worked out well also. Either will get you where you want to be. I’d pry the eye doc for any more insights.

I had the PRK done about 4 maybe 5 years back. The recovery wasnt to bad for me personally. The one downside I have noticed since the procedure my eyes have become alot more sensitive to sunlight. Not sure if it was just me or if it's like that for everyone. Was not eligible to get the lasik but i do not regret getting the PRK.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Max333

FNG
Great question. My eyes have been going down the toilet and it gets tough sometimes to pick up the pins on my bow sight

I did PRK the recovery sucked for about a month. It was bad. BUT totally worth it. Not really that bad, but pretty annoying.

Did epi-lasik about 10 years ago. Doc recommended it over lasik. He said the recovery time would be a little longer, but a lesser chance of side effects.

Only had pain for a day following the surgery, and then it took a few months for my vision to finally get to where it would be. Lots and lots of eyedrops.

20/10 vision now, and the only issue I have is that I get dry eyes if the humidity gets really low in the house in the winter, but still worth it.

Ten Bears

WKR
what are you guys typically paying for Lasik ?

my game eye has diminished since the clock struck 40. I have been contemplating this for a year now.

OP
C

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
They gave me a quote of $4,200 for both eyes regardless if it was Lasik or PRK.

WKR
I did lasik ten years ago and it was easy. One day recovery. The last couple of years my right eye, which is dominate, has gotten worse. No big deal in everyday life but now I wear a contact in my right eye when I shot a bow. I can adjust the binos and scope no problem, just a pain in the butt when I wanna shoot that bow. So now I dont put in for archery hunts as much.