Last minute archery hunt

Howdy y'all, I am from Georgia and do a ton of hunting here. I had a pretty big shooting competition coming up in late October that I am having to back out of due to my team mate. Due to that, I want to make up for the weekend and go chase some whitetail. My hunting here is all sitting in a saddle, waiting on deer.

So far I have hunted out west once, my brother is in college at MSU and we pulled tags last year to rifle hunt antelope in 540-20. We did not have a clue what we were doing but had a blast even though we didn't kill an antelope. We probably saw over 200, but they were all on private land and my door-knocking proved fruitless as most of the ranchers had the land leased to guides. We had an amazing time, and it got me hooked on spot and stalk hunting.

From what I am reading, both North Dakota and Nebraska have OTC whitetail tags. Planning to make some calls once their offices open up on Monday.

Any recommendations on states I might not be considering that would offer a fun spot/stalk whitetail hunt that I could make work this last minute?

Oklahoma it is, planning to start at Beaver River WMA. Seems like I will have plenty of land to explore there.

Last edited:
OP
gentleman4561
Oklahoma it is, headed out there in late October. Planning to hit Beaver River WMA primarily. Might head farther west depending on what I see there.