Last minute Broadhead

CO2130

WKR
Hey everyone, yes this is another Broadhead question. I’ve done some researching on here and other forums, but I’m still up in the air. I have an antelope tag starting this Saturday, and was planning on shooting my slick trick grizz tricks but this past Friday I decided I just wasn’t happy with the way they were shooting no matter what I did as far as tuning. I ordered some Sevr’s and paid like $23 to have them shipped 2 day, well it says they’ll be here this Friday. So now I’m in search of an extremely accurate expendable Broadhead, that somewhere like sportsmans warehouse would have in stock. Still hoping the Sevr’s will get here Friday before I leave and shoot well and I will roll with them, but I need an alternative in case. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramcats shoot pretty tight to my field points and also did well on the BRO hooter shooter test.

Scrappy

WKR
Nap spitfires have probably killed more critters than most. If they don't shoot exactly as your field points then you really shouldn't be attempting to shoot at critters.

Spence14

WKR
I'll also be chasing antelope this weekend and landed on Grim Reapers 1 3/8" 3 blade and 1 1/4" 4 blade mini mags (mechanicals.) I also have the slick trick viper tricks. I've found them to fly much better than some of the full 4 blade slick trick models. I've killed a pile of whitetails with both heads with no issues and they are both flying great out to 60-70 yds.

Reactions: Zac

wayoh22

WKR
Honestly it's kind of a weird question to be asking without this turning into a "what broadhead are you shooting" thread. What may work for one bow tuned may not work for another bow tuned. Nothing wrong with asking for suggestions, I get that but I understand time is a factor here so my $0.02 would be:

1. Go to your local bowshop or wherever broadheads are sold and grab a few different types and try them out. Definitely the pricey route however maybe sell off what you didn't end up liking.

2. Keep fiddling with tuning them and hope it fixes whatever the problem is

3. What is exactly wrong with your broadheads? Do they fly weird? Expandables not deploying upon contact? Not satisfied with penetration? I think these are the questions this community might be able to help to fix

Best of luck and put a speed goat on the ground!

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
Rator tricks, I have killed a lope, mule deer a Couple of white tails and pair of caribou with them. They are a good head. Fly excellent

Last minute broadhead that I know will shoot with my field points I would be going with a rage hypodermic.

I killed a mess of whitetails with NAP Killzones. Spitfires would work too.
They should fly pretty close to FPs

Zac

WKR
You should be safe with most mechanicals, however if you want absolute closest to field tips your going to want to get least surface area possible. I would say G5 Dead Meat is probably the smallest profile big box store type of head available.

Jakeini

FNG
I think you’ll be pleased With the Sevr’s, I sure hope they get to ya on time!
ive heard good things about the Rage’s without the break away collar... I think that’s the trypan?

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
last minute...I'd go grab any type of rage really. Never had any issues with them on goats plus they're small and doesn't much to get through them and I'd rather have a big hole on a goat so they don't run across the county. Plus you can grab rages almost any outdoor/ sporting goods store.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not familiar with anyone who had trouble getting a rage to shoot same as their field points. They are available all over and proven fliers. I never had a bad experience with them over many years. The other options aren’t bad, but I can’t speak to them as much.

KHNC

WKR
Most shops are probably low on stock from what i have seen. Hopefully you found something before today.