Last minute/cancellation hunts

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
My late Summer/early Fall just became much more open and flexible. I've got the money saved for a hunt, fitness, gear etc and I'm wondering how to go about looking for and/or getting on lists (if such things exists) for last minute or cancellation-type AK Dall sheep hunts? I missed the Sheep Show and don't do the FB/IG social media deal. Is it best to watch the forums or look for booking agents? I haven't gotten much response when contacting outfitters I've come across via the basic google search route. I'm sure they're plenty busy, not complaining, but the sheep hunt world seems different than other parts of the hunting world. Or, am I simply being completely unrealistic to think there's a chance this year? Appreciate any advice. Thanks

schmalzy

WKR
I know you mentioned that you tried calling a few you found on google, have you tried researching outfits on Rokslide and trying them? Didn’t mean it to come across as a dumb question. Took most outfits I called a few days/weeks to get back to me.

I booked in October for a hunt this summer, and I think the only way I got the spot was due to someone having a knee issue pop up. I imagine most final payments are going to be due in a few weeks; I’d keep trying to get in touch with a few outfitters and getting your name on their list.

You focused on any area or range? A lot of speculation for how this Winter is going to shake out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might try calling Tony Gutierrez (920-540-5038). He's an honest guy, very helpful, prompt, and he'll try hard to find something for you in relation to cancellation hunts.

I heard of a tag in Sonora MX for a desert sheep before March 31….

I have a buddy who lucked into a cancellation Dalls hunt in NWT a few years ago. I don’t think post-Covid you will find as good of deals. That said there are plenty of Anti-Vaxxers who may default on their Canada hunts this fall.

Alaska won’t have that issue, plus the sheep numbers are down.

OP
T

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks very much guys. Appreciate all the responses. I'll keep working on it and following up with outfitters.