Last minute new boots

My 3 year old crispi idahos have started to leak and I’m in need of boots less than a month from my Idaho deer hunt. High country alpine terrain, rocky and steep. Primarily looking at the Salewa Raven 3, Rapace, or Lowa Tibet. Which would be a better fit for my criteria? I don’t need insulation but don’t need a hot weather boot either. I also seem to be prone to heel slip so a deeper heel pocket and good lacing to lock in is a must.
1- stiffer sole than the idahos
2-good ankle support
3-waterproof
4-fairly light weight
5-durability

sako75

FNG
I would be careful with the Lowa Tibet’s I’ve had 3 pairs first pair was good so I bought another pair when they wore out. They leaked just 3weeks in. Got another pair because they fit so good. They leaked right away I’m done with Lowa. I buddy of mine bought a new pair of Lowa sheep hunters before a sheep hunt broke them in and tested for waterproof all good. Half way through his 10 day sheep hunt wet feet. Those boots were 6 months old. Lowa were good but not so much anymore.

OP
CApighunter
Nice let everyone know how they work out

Please do….. I am seriously considering them.
Figured I’d update, got them broke in with about 15 miles so far. Had to play with the insoles to get them to feel right but I’m very happy with them. The Superfeet I used in the crispis were horrible in the boots but the half insole option Salewa provides fit me perfect. Significantly stiffer than my Idahos, and traction is the best I’ve had yet. They are not nearly as comfortable on flat ground as the Crispis but that’s to be expected with a boot much stiffer. I have no reservations about taking them to Idaho next week and Wyoming in a month.

OP
CApighunter
Update #2, boots performed great in Idaho, but had an issue with the 3F wire frame support. On the sides of the boot the wire pulled out from the sole end, creating a little bit looser feel. This occurred on both sides of both boots with a total of 50-60 miles on them. Ill be contacting Salewa about the warranty next week, see if I can get them replaced, maybe exchange them for something different.

Attachments

• 809A4B0D-BCB9-4246-914F-4902CA44735A.jpeg
    809A4B0D-BCB9-4246-914F-4902CA44735A.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 24
  • B5475D43-DB1A-4F64-9D80-BB9A787C4C5C.jpeg
    B5475D43-DB1A-4F64-9D80-BB9A787C4C5C.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 24
OP
CApighunter
Thats crazy seeing a wire sticking out of a new boot. Thanks for the intel.
Aside from the wires coming loose, I really do like these boots. They are overkill for 90% of my hunts though, so I might see about getting them replaced under warranty and returning them to try the Crow instead.