Last night at home........

JordanH

Lil-Rokslider
It is finally almost almost here.......I have one last night in my comfortable bed next to the love of my life. Then a day of work tomorrow followed hopefully by an early departure and dash off to my parking spot. Then a 6.5 mile hike back into elk heaven.

I hope I sleep tonight because I doubt I sleep much tomorrow night. Sure I have a nice pad and a great sleeping bag. I picked a great spot with a deep layer of pine needles, shade, no dead trees to fall on me or my gear, I have my sweet Nemo Spike II tent......but I doubt I sleep. No I will be anxiously listening for a bugle, a mew, a crunch and crack of hooves in the woods.

I will get up Saturday morning full of anticipation and dog ass tired and bleary eyed. I will cram some MH Blueberries and Granola down my throat, take a big swig of water, toss in the first chew of the day, then grab my bow and head to the glassing spot high above to see if there are some bull elk around in need of dying.

I'm so ready and absolutely not ready at the same time. Best of luck to all the folks hunting the CO archery opener. Aim small, shoot straight, be safe, and I hope we all get to pack some meat this weekend! I'll drink to that! Cheers!!!

To bad I can't get permission to sleep in here which is on the way back to my honey hole......
P1011900.jpg

Last edited:

Btaylor

WKR
Pulling out at 7am tomorrow with my wife. Somebody will have to help pack one out if there is a deaf dumb and blind where we are headed. Besides, she'd rather hike the mountains than shop. Hope I can keep up. Aim small and let their air out

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck everyone- I'll be following along all your adventures as I will not be making it out this year.

ElkNut1

WKR
Jordan, best of luck to you! Have a ton of fun. Be sure to use that bugle to locate bulls if needed in the thick timber!

ElkNut/Paul