Last sleeping bag question

Last edited:
B

bearguide

i love my marmot/ no experience with montbell, but the description is good

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The montbell is roomier due to the design and material. I debated both of these bags and ended up with UL SS Down Hugger #1 and it has been great.

OP
pyroducksx3
Im buying it as a backup/guest bag. Mostly for my brother who is 6' but only 160 lbs and my mom who is obviously not that big, going with the long because I am 6'2"

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have used the montbell down hugger #1 and the marmot helium. I ripped the montbell, it seems very thin to me. I have had good luck with the helium.

ridgefire

WKR
not sure about the montbell but my brother has the pinnacle and loves it. not the lightest bag but for that price sounds like a decent deal

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'd like to try the "stretch" feature of the MB bags, but you'll have to get me out of the western mountaineering bags first.

OP
pyroducksx3
I can get a helium long for 284$ but I think I liked the that the pinnacle possibly a little warmer and its only 6 oz heavier than the helium, still havent crossed that completely off the list yet.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to try the "stretch" feature of the MB bags, but you'll have to get me out of the western mountaineering bags first.

Sorry hon, your going to have to bulk up some if you plan on trying out the "stretch" features...I doubt they cut them slim enough for those rocking the "Skeletor" physique :)

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Sorry hon, your going to have to bulk up some if you plan on trying out the "stretch" features...I doubt they cut them slim enough for those rocking the "Skeletor" physique :)

Becca, some of the younger crowd might not get that one. But still it made me laugh! Some of us husky guys like Aron would love to have that problem.

Yukondog

WKR
Call Mont Bell in Boulder CO and ask for their warehouse number. I bought the UL SS Down Hugger 15° bag shipped to my door for $369. It is last year model but from what I have been told the difference in the bags is not worth the extra $100 for this years model. I believe it is one oz of overfill and the outer shell is a little different.

I have yet to spend a might in it. I got it maybe two weeks ago.

Matt

I'm one of the larger guys on the mountain and I've got so much room in a montbell SS hugger its ridiculous. And mine weighs 1.5 lbs in its stuff sack.

Love my Mont Bell. I have never had a bag that I could sit in indian style and still have a load of room. Had it down to 10 degrees and was more than comfortable.