Last three books you've read?

Ddog

WKR
Killing Lincoln-O'Rielly
Ike's Spies-Ambrose
Crazy Horse and Custer-Ambrose. Still working on this one at the cabin, have to force myself to leave it there for the next trip. I like all of his books so far, but this one is as good as Undaunted Courage.
I've read Rinella's stuff, he's a great writer for his age. Grew up local to me here in western MI which is kinda cool. I especially liked American Buffalo.
I'll have to keep an eye out for some of these other books mentioned.

1. Path of the Puma, by Jim Williams. Excellent book about mountain lions.
2. Body of Water, by Chris Dombrowski. Flyfishing for bonefish in the Bahamas. Interesting book, tough read. I had trouble getting into it.
3. Alone on the Wall, by Alex Honnold & Dave Roberts. Rock climbing. Specifically climbing El Cap without a rope. Absolutely fascinating!
Bonus. Leviathan Wakes, by James S. A. Corey. Easy read science fiction, fun adventure. The Amazon series "The Expanse" is based from this book.

Last edited:

Tyler127

WKR
1. A Splendid Savage: The Restless Life of Frederick Russell Burnham by Steve Kemper
2. Mountain Man by Vardis Fisher
3. Alaska and Me by Billy Molls

Just started reading The Longest Silence by Thomas McGuane. All three books above were good reads.

Rough Riders - T. Roosevelt's cowboy regime by Mark Gardner
Hero of Hacksaw Ridge - Booton Herndon
Triggered - DJ Trump Jr
Currently reading C.J. Box Vicious Circle I predominantly read non-fiction, but C.J. Cox has been a good find.
I also read books about leadership, but they can be a bit dry. Currently reading Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn. It's a easy read about passion in work and life.
Also enjoyed the series by Bill O'Reilly; Killing Lincoln, Killing Reagan, etc.

Diesel

WKR
All the Russell Annabel books Very good writer. Mostly early Alaska. Hemmingway said he was the best he had read.
Endurance by Alfred Lansing. Shakelton. Incredible true story of survival.
Ultrasecret by Winterbotham, Code break that was crucial in winning WW II

Jake T

FNG
The last 3 I read were:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Currently working on Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Finished another couple, All the pretty horses- Cormac McCarthy, which was good. Glad I read it and it was a good story but kinda meh.

If I was going to recommend The Border Trilogy i'd probably have someone start with The Crossing, although it is a more involved narrative than ATPH. The first section, returning the wolf, is a serious masterpiece.

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
The big burn - slow read for me but I really enjoyed it.

of a feather a brief history of American birding - great book easy read. Was actually the second time I read it.

Homing instinct meaning and mystery in animal migration - currently reading not far into it but so far I am enjoying it

Oregonboy

WKR
I recently finished Boys in the Boat, which was awesome and I highly recommend.

I moved on to business books for the moment. Just finished Atomic Habits, which is semi-quick and a worthwhile read.

Now I'm halfway through Gap Selling by Keenan, one of the best sales books I've read.

Next in the queue is Path of the Puma, thanks to Chippewawarrior's plug for it.

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
Currently reading Death in the Long Grass.

I read The Most Dangerous Game before bed the other night.

I can't remember before that if it was Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, or The Catcher in the Rye. I read them all about the same time.

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
If y’all aren’t reading the joe pickett series by Cj box you’re doing it wrong. Best fiction crime series I have ever read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
Since the last post:
Barking up the Wrong Tree -Eric Barker
Tales from the African Frontier - JA Hunter & Daniel P Mannix
The Last Slave Market - Alistair Hazell

Endurance - Alfred Lansing: The story of Ernest Shackleton is unbelievable. I highly recommend it.

The rape of Nanking- Iris Chan; Japan earned worse than they got. probably the most difficult book I have read and another reason I believe so deeply in civilians keeping and bearing arms.

Lights out- Ted Kopel ; worth the read to understand how vulnerable we are.

twall13

WKR
Great thread!

My most recent three were:
Death in the Long Grass (Peter Capstick)
Blue Moon (Lee Child's Jack Reacher Series)
The Christmas Box (Richard Paul Evans)

I'm now reading That Wild Country by Mark Kenyon and just purchased the CJ Box series to start reading as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
Endurance - Alfred Lansing: The story of Ernest Shackleton is unbelievable. I highly recommend it.

The rape of Nanking- Iris Chan; Japan earned worse than they got. probably the most difficult book I have read and another reason I believe so deeply in civilians keeping and bearing arms.

Lights out- Ted Kopel ; worth the read to understand how vulnerable we are.

The Rape of Nanking is a great but horrific book. It shows what a people can do to each other when they do not consider them human. Most people nowadays have never heard of these events.