Late Adult Onset Hunter in Colorado

2020 will be my third season hunting deer, my second hunting elk, and my first hunting with a bow.
I’m new to hunting, but have lived in or around the mountains all my life between Southeast Alaska, Southwestern Montana, and the Front Range of Colorado.
I tagged out on opening day in 2018, got skunked in 2019 (and learned some hard lessons along the way), and am trying to get mind, soul, and body right for 2020.
Cheers!!

Attachments

• 0EB674E6-77E9-477F-B422-600C6D5E4D8C.jpeg
    0EB674E6-77E9-477F-B422-600C6D5E4D8C.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 7A78DDA3-C0BD-4117-9764-045E7461F900.jpeg
    7A78DDA3-C0BD-4117-9764-045E7461F900.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14

elkduds

WKR
Thanks for joining us on RS and in the Centennial state, where the issue of forced wolf reintroduction is on the Nov. ballot. I am voting against reintro, to protect game herds and refute ballot box management of wildlife despite the recommendations of CO Parks and Wildlife against forced wolf reintro.

OP
sonofthegriz
Thanks for joining us on RS and in the Centennial state, where the issue of forced wolf reintroduction is on the Nov. ballot. I am voting against reintro, to protect game herds and refute ballot box management of wildlife despite the recommendations of CO Parks and Wildlife against forced wolf reintro.

👍 Right there with you.
I lived in Montana in the early-mid 90s and remember when this was an issue back then. What (correction) the state and the pro-wolf lobby is doing by putting this to the unwashed masses isn’t right. This should not be a matter decided by public referendum.

Last edited:

elkduds

WKR
👍 Right there with you.
I lived in Montana in the early-mid 90s and remember when this was an issue back then. What CPW is doing by putting this to the unwashed masses isn’t right.
To be clear: CPW opposes wolf reintro. It is on the ballot because of a citizen initiative, petition drive. So this falls into the same category as the ban on spring bear hunting: CPW opposed both, petition drives put both on the ballot. Bear hunting ban passed and is law. Wolf reintro will be voted on this Nov. We have a lot of voters to educate before then. Note that CPW is prohibited from expressing opinions RE current ballot measures. The way we know CPW opposes reintro is that the CPW Commissioners wrote 2 statements opposing reintro, in the years before this got on the ballot.

OP
sonofthegriz
To be clear: CPW opposes wolf reintro. It is on the ballot because of a citizen initiative, petition drive. So this falls into the same category as the ban on spring bear hunting: CPW opposed both, petition drives put both on the ballot. Bear hunting ban passed and is law. Wolf reintro will be voted on this Nov. We have a lot of voters to educate before then. Note that CPW is prohibited from expressing opinions RE current ballot measures. The way we know CPW opposes reintro is that the CPW Commissioners wrote 2 statements opposing reintro, in the years before this got on the ballot.
Gah!!! That’s right. I forgot CPW was prohibited from public comment. Appreciate the correction. 🙏

kyoungs

FNG
2020 will be my third season hunting deer, my second hunting elk, and my first hunting with a bow.
I’m new to hunting, but have lived in or around the mountains all my life between Southeast Alaska, Southwestern Montana, and the Front Range of Colorado.
I tagged out on opening day in 2018, got skunked in 2019 (and learned some hard lessons along the way), and am trying to get mind, soul, and body right for 2020.
Cheers!!
Hope your 2020 season goes well I’m getting excited myself!

Shooter45

FNG
Welcome from the Cowboy State. I wish the best to all the hunters and voters there on the wolf issue, but I don't have any hope on it. I believe it will win by majority from all the people that have no idea or knowledge of the subject.

kyoungs

FNG
Welcome from the Cowboy State. I wish the best to all the hunters and voters there on the wolf issue, but I don't have any hope on it. I believe it will win by majority from all the people that have no idea or knowledge of the subject.
Yea it’s making me nervous.