Late June unit 20 spring bear.

Looking to plan a solo late June spot and stalk spring bear hunt in Idaho. I’ve been reading online that late June is not a good time to hunt due to the vegetation green up. Unfortunately this is likely the only time I will be able to get off work. I was looking to stay around 6-8000 feet in the northern part of unit 20. Will the vegetation be too thick to hunt? Any input welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
They should be running around like mad to breed. Little different style of hunt that late in the season. Not as much focus on food as it is looking for them cruising. And around the elk that are gunna be dropping.. that'll be the new food source over veggies

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
Jakeskiduuuuuu
They should be running around like mad to breed. Little different style of hunt that late in the season. Not as much focus on food as it is looking for them cruising. And around the elk that are gunna be dropping.. that'll be the new food source over veggies

Thanks for the info! Do they like to cruise more on top of the ridges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen it both ways, ridges and creek bottoms.. I've chalked it up to "They are where they are, when they are, because they are"

I'm sure other guys might have other insight or thoughts on it.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
I am also considering an Idaho spring bear hunt during the last two weeks of June due to work schedule. Do the bears become mostly nocturnal if it gets hot? I remember the West had an intense heat wave in late June 2021 and I am wondering if that made the hunting really difficult?