Late Season Archery Success

c5mrr270

WKR
Got this buck on the second to last day of the hunt and the last day I was able to hunt. Not a monster but my biggest buck to date. On a side note, thank you to whoever stole my backpack while I was stalking this buck, you turned my 6-7 mile day into a 12-14 mile day. Anyways thought I'd share.

Attachments

• DSCN0889.jpg
    DSCN0889.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN0891-20121129-212700.jpg
    DSCN0891-20121129-212700.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 133

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice buck! Sorry to hear about your pack. Keep an eye on Craigslist, maybe somebody will post it in the found section. ( I'm an optimist )

What state?

Shrek

WKR
Nice buck! Sorry to hear about your pack. Keep an eye on Craigslist, maybe somebody will post it in the found section. ( I'm an optimist )

What state?

Or try to sell it ! Just don't do what a friend did. He found the guy who stole his bike trying to sell it. He showed up and beat the guy to near death! Friend end up charged with feloney assult. Two years later he got it pleaded down to a misdomeaner and probation. Broke the bank and wrecked his life for two years.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
Happened in Utah. I've been watching ksl, which is like a local craigslist, hoping somebody will post it up as found, but I'm not holding my breath. Dave, sorry to here about your buddy. I'd want to do the same thing. In the future I'll be hiding my pack in a deep dark hole and then marking it with a gps.

RUTTIN

WKR
Great job on a late season buck, The front is a great place to hunt. I hope that someone just thought the pack was lost, and took it to find the owner. I will deep my eye out for ya.

sk1

WKR
nice deer.....can't be dropping your pack on the utah extended hunt........too many people!! I hear ya though, what the hell, hopefully they were a hiker not knowing someone would be coming back for it, but likely not the case. Maybe visit UWN forum and make a post, I've seen quite a few things returned through that forum, but is a longshot

7mag.

WKR
Congrats on a nice buck. Especially nice for a bow kill. Sorry to hear about your pack. I hate thieves. I'm afraid I would probably end up like Dave's buddy.

Slim Jim

WKR
Congrats on a nice buck! Good thing you didn't find the guy who had your pack at the trailhead. After all that unnecessary hiking you probably would have ended up in a scenario like Dave's buddy

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
Thanks guys. Just when I forget how crappy people can be I get an expensive reminder.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any chance an animal took your pack. I have had some close calls with bears taking my stuff before. I wouldn't put it past them to try and sneak off with a pack.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
I suppose its possible but I haven't seen or heard of many bears on the front.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good buck! Killing a buck on a late archery hunt is no easy feat.

I didn't read all the posts, but did your pack have optics in it?

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
No optics. Had my gps, gloves, knife, game bags and a few other odds and ends.