Late Season California Bear

M_E_

FNG
Hey All! Thanks for taking a look at this thread. I am looking for some advice on late season California bear. Was planning on getting out earlier this year for bear for the archery hunt, but mainly focused on deer. Now with deer coming to an end, want to switch my focus to bear. This will be my first time hunting California bear so any tips are much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
The bears are still in hyperphagia during October so they are easier to locate but I have always struggled greatly to find them during November and December so try to fill your tag this month.

J Batt

WKR
Seen lots of bears this season. Waaay more than usual. Last one I spotted was a week ago. Freaking monster bear in the evening in the same spot I filled my deer tag the week prior.
I haven’t even purchased a bear tag this season, but I’m sure as soon as I do won’t see another bear.

OP
M

M_E_

FNG
Welcome! Listen to the Hunting Ain't Easy podcast. He has a CA bear hunting series that is very informative. Basically, follow the food source is the big takeaway. Good luck!
Great podcast! Gave it a listen and learned a lot. Thanks!

OP
M

M_E_

FNG
Saw four bears on Thursday. Two were good sized boars. Looks like next week will be good bear weather.
Nice! That’s solid. I went a few weeks ago and didn’t even see one. Maybe with deer hunters out and Agost they were more hunkered down. Trying to decide on where exactly to go next weekend.