Late season/cold weather gloves(not mittens)

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
I looked briefly through the old threads and didn't get a good answer on this issue. My hands will get cold when it is cold outside. I've tried several pairs of gloves, but haven't found anything that makes me happy. I'm looking for gloves to use on pheasant hunting and other places where I need gloves with finger dexterity and not mittens. Anyone have any suggestions on this line??? Nothing worse than cold fingers when trying to shoot a gun or load it. Need to be able to get on trigger relatively easy. Thanks.

The best gloves that I have found are the Cabelas Dry Plus Thinsulate Deluxe Shooting Gloves, my hands still got cold just not as cold. Disclaimer; the only way my fingers don't get cold is with a muff and chemical handwarmers inside....guess I have bad circulation.

Lawnboi

WKR
I wear a muff or use my pockets now, and wear smaller liner style gloves. If im moving alot I wear my KUIU guide gloves (which i bought 1 size too big on purpose) and a liner glove underneath them.

Never! will I ever wear mittens when i have a weapon in my hands again, 2 years ago, i climbed down from my treestand started walking back and a buck jumped out in front of me at less than 20 yards. I flipped my scope caps up and got ready to shoot and couldnt because I was wearing my mittens.... true story, that was a nice buck too. Never wearing mittens hunting again. Pockets or a mitt with a handwarmer for sitting and something i can pull the trigger in for walking around.

jmez

WKR
Mechanix winter armor gloves work well for bird hunting and shooting. They are fairly warm, it is what I use in South Dakota for bird hunting.