Late Season Cow Hunt MT Breaks

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
Drew the late season cow tag on the north side of the river (620, 621, 622). It runs from December 15th through February 15th but due to family obligations and a surgery that popped up on me, I'm only going to have one weekend to make it over there from Kalispell. I've hunted the south side in 410 a bunch, but never on the north side. I've got a coworker that has a place to stay near Landusky so I want to focus on the 621 area due to my limited 2 day hunt. I will be there the second weekend of January. I've got some intel from the coworker but since I am driving 7 hours one way to hunt cows for 2 days I am shamelessly throwing it out there to see if anyone is willing to toss out a place or two to start trying to locate some cows in the late season. CMR is off limits with the tag but BLM and block management areas are open. If its like 410 I'm sure I will be looking for large herds and they won't be spread out like they are in the general season. Thanks!

I’d love to help as I hunted there this year on the archery tag but I spent all of my time on the CMR. Based on my experience I’d try and stick close to the CMR. I didn’t see elk off of it but someone who has had this tag before or is more local will hopefully chime in.