Late Season hunt Chama NM

Backcountry check your PM
Laelkhunter, curious of what your experience has been in late season and whether you are hunting public or private around Chama. I hunt private around Chama but at 11k ft not many elk left up there around December. PM if you don't mind sharing. Cheers from another LA native elk hunter.

Laelkhunter, curious of what your experience has been in late season and whether you are hunting public or private around Chama. I hunt private around Chama but at 11k ft not many elk left up there around December. PM if you don't mind sharing. Cheers from another LA native elk hunter.
Jed, check your PM

OP
Backcountryhunter2019
Backcountry check your PM
Update to the hunt , the snow came in 4 days before we hunted , saw lots of elk everyday , I believe the group of ten of us all shot bulls , 5x5s and 4x5s , probably saw 50 cows a day , hunted lower elevations around Chama, I never saw any bigger bulls around , summer out there was dry and snow I guess got in kind of later than usual

Update to the hunt , the snow came in 4 days before we hunted , saw lots of elk everyday , I believe the group of ten of us all shot bulls , 5x5s and 4x5s , probably saw 50 cows a day , hunted lower elevations around Chama, I never saw any bigger bulls around , summer out there was dry and snow I guess got in kind of later than usual

Thanks for the update [mention]Backcountryhunter2019 [/mention] .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you hunt public land or a private Ranch? I know the day we left Chama, Oct30th Elk were everywhere. The storm that came earlier in the week had everything moving into the lower areas.