Late season Idaho elk

This year I drew a late muzzleloader tag for idaho elk. The season runs from November 1st to 30th. I have hunted this unit prior for mule deer and found lots of elk at 9k feet in mid October. For those that have experience hunting idaho in november would you prefer hunting the 1st two weeks or the 2nd two week? Middle?

I understand much can vary that time of year with snowfall. Just trying to plan my vacation time accordingly. For what it's worth, I prefer to pack in, and the cold doesn't deter me. Snow depth may be a factor. Looking for any experienced opinions primarily in regards to timing and snow accumulation.

Thanks!

My .02......

I have a mule deer tag in that same time frame. While I would absolutely love to hunt the end of the month, we are planning on the first half in hopes to avoid being snowed out. I wish I could wait until the week of to make that call buy vacation requests have to be in now.

Good luck!

IdahoHntr

WKR
If you don't have any other knowledge or previous experience with the elk herd, I'd say as close to October as you can get and hunt them where you've seen them before.

November is all over the place depending on the weather and area. You could be hunting the top of the mountain or not be able to get anywhere close to it. Previous experience is what you have going for you, so I would hunt when that previous experience is most relevant.