Late season Idaho OTC rifle hunt

I posted this same thread over on the Elk forum as we haven't made our minds up if were going Deer or Elk hunting yet.

My hunting buddy and I are looking for a first week in November OTC rifle hunt in Idaho. We both have tags in Oregon thru the 28th of October so the plan is to hunt round two in Idaho. We have no experience hunting in Idaho, but are fairly experienced backcountry hunters. Our biggest concerns are finding an area were their are Elk or Deer, excessive snow (some is great!) and crowds of hunters.

The zones we are looking at are Selway, Middle Fork and Salmon if we do an Elk hunt. Or if we decide to go the Mule Deer route we are considering 16a, 17, 19 and 20.

At this point we don't want to fly into the Church or anything too crazy our first year. We would rather hike in somewhere 5-10 miles and set up our tipi tent and stove and explore the surrounding areas for a week or ten days.

At this point the Salmon River breaks look interesting, Unit 20 and 20a, but we really have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

brn2hnt

WKR
Pretty sure salmon is sold out. Plus that deer season closes the 24th of oct. I might suggest starting on the ID hunt planner site, one of the best filterable state sites out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
Refer to Idfag websight to see if there are hunts in that time frame but I am pretty sure what your looking for does not exist. Better to go there than to post not knowing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
O
Yep the Salmon elk hunt is sold out...I was looking at outdated information. The general season deer hunt is still available though, it runs from Sept 15 - Nov 18.