Late Season Muzzlelaoder Mule Deer Hunt

204guy

WKR
Those 2 pics are a great illustration why you should be very cautious judging a deer from a quartering away angle. Everything is exaggerated. Still a good deer though givin fork depth.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Michael54

WKR
My grandpa and his brother used to tell a story of seeing a guy from pittsburgh proudly dragging the neighbors goat out of the woods with a buck tag on it. So as long as he makes it believable it may work lol

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
Cold start to the morning. 18 degrees with about a 20 mph wind. Seeing quite a few deer already. Here’s the best buck so far...still waiting to get a better look. Tall and heavy with maybe a couple stickers on left side. I need to get closer.

View attachment 136883

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love me a big ol forky. Without any tines to get in the way they sure look Wide!

Glad you're keeping this thread alive, don't think I could have passed the goofy g3 buck.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Looking good buddy. I subscribed to your YouTube page. Keep it coming.

And I agree, it’s hard to break the mindset that you need to be hiking 10 miles a day and climbing 2000 feet. But on these late hunts, it just doesn’t seem to be as effective.

But luckily it doesn’t have to be either/or, some places you can mix it up and hike, in other places you can sit back and look at 60 deer.

Last edited:

VANDAL

WKR
Not much to update this morning. Fog made it difficult to glass long distance. I saw 11 does, a small buck and some more timber donkey’s.

I’m headed to an area with deep canyons where I doubt I have service. I’ll at least provide an update tonight at the tent.