Late Season Muzzlelaoder Mule Deer Hunt

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry but not much to show today...so I figured I’d recap how this hunt correlates to 2 yrs ago...

Tomorrow will be a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey buddy, sorry I missed this last night. Great recap. I love crunching the deer numbers. By the time you see this you might already be hauling your buck back to the trail head, hope so.

VANDAL

WKR
Saw my first acorn buck! Unfortunately he was about 100”.

4 other bucks so far. One might be big, I just got a glimpse before he bedded down...he’s along ways across the canyon so I want to make sure I am able to judge him before I head that way.

IMG_0825.jpgIMG_0827.jpg
IMG_0828.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I found him with my spotter in his bed. He’s not bad, doesn’t fork well, but tall and wide. I have a long ways to go but I’m going after him!

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
That acorn buck is cool, I've only ever seen one, and he was even smaller than that one. Hopefully you can get in on that big one and seal the deal!

I'll be sad your season will be over though, then even my vicarious mule deer hunting will be over.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Geez Corey do I need to get my boots on and get the truck warmed up?

VANDAL

WKR
He is packing meat right now I hope.

This is an acorn buck that I shot last year. The antler has a bump in it which resembles an acorn.

RandyView attachment 137575

Anybody know what causes a bucks antlers to have the acorn type growth? Is it a genetic trait, environment, health related?