Late season one person tent

wyosam

WKR
November in Idaho late season. Well that doesn’t sound like a type of one person tent but thanks.

In that case, if I’m not too far from the truck probably SO 4 person tipi with stove (7.5 pounds or so) Thats luxury living. If going in a ways the SO silex with or without the stove (1.5 pounds, + 2.5 pounds for stove and pipe) , depending on how the weather looks. Nights get pretty long later in the season, so I would lean towards something roomy enough to stand in, but that is just me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
For a single man I like my Kifaru Megatarp with stove and annex as long as there is wood to burn. If I do a hunt where I won't have wood and need a small tent I'd currently get a Kuiu Storm Star. I haven't needed one yet and they keep improving, so I have not purchased one.

My later season hunts have always been with at least 2 of us and we have used a Seek Outside tipi. This year we got a Cabelas 6 man Alaskan Guide Instinct bought for $450 and it worked great on our caribou hunt. It is not light though at 28.5lbs.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
for very winter like late season (and winter like winter :)) I just grabbed a MSR Access 1- decent room, decent sized vestibule and from all the reviews I could find, very bomber AND weighs a pretty svelte 3.5 lbs (svelte for a 4 season tent that is :D)