Late Season or Timberline 3

dotman

WKR
Also Kifaru is coming out with a Spotter specific pocket or they were but with all the business who knows things could be delayed.

bbrown

WKR
Lawnboi - maybe I did not come across right. The side pockets are the reason I want to make the switch to the T3 to get the spotter/tripod out of the main bag. But if they are not all that usable when the bag is full then I might as well stick with my MR DS. The load lifters are the other reason I would switch but for my style the majority of the time I am using the pack as a day pack so they are not as important. I packed out 3 elk with my DS this year and it worked pretty well but I am certain the lifters at the right angle would have helped.

As far as the bigger pack I like the idea of the T2 but I also really like getting to my spike camp and dropping the long pockets and sleeping bag and have a streamlined pack. I think I just need to make the trek to Kifaru and check out the options for myself and see if it is worth it - hell they are only an hour south of me.

Dotman - I hope they do because every long pocket I have found is 1/2" to 1" short for my swaro 65mm.

bbrown

WKR
One question for you late season users - the picture on the Kifaru website makes the pack look like it rides below the shoulders on the 5'9" "long torso" guy. Is that an old picture before the stays were upgraded this past year? I would assume a 5'9" guy would get pretty good lift out of 22" or 24" stays but it does not look like it.

bbrown

WKR
I figured as much - thanks. I may have to give you a call and make my way down there one of these days to check out a few packs.