Late september caribou and fishing

Akselaken

FNG
Headed out of kotzebou September 21st for caribou. I was wondering if we were to be placed by a river if the fishing would be good. I plan on bringing a fly rod.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Usually if you're on the south side of the divide, but north of divide lakes seemingly have more in them than rivers. Depends on the spot really.

OP
A

Akselaken

FNG
Im assuming we will be on the south side being so late. Not sure what our transporter has planned to do exactly. Told us to call a few weeks before and he would have a good idea where we are going.

OP
A

Akselaken

FNG
Hey shedhead i dont have enough posts to pm. But we are flying with RAM.

OP
A

Akselaken

FNG
How are you feeling with all the closures and there plans. I cant see us going on the north slope that late.

OP
A

Akselaken

FNG
I get hunt under the low water means. Does that mean you cannot walk outside of them qithout fearing a fine. I just think there is so many loop holes in this that they wont be able to hold ul in court unless there is a caribou killed outside of high water. I plan on bowhunting so this may cause a huge issue with me. Granted i can use my buddies rifle but would really love to harvest with a bow.

You can be above mean high all you want. But when you pull the trigger the animal and you should be below mean high water. The federal lands aren't shut down to the public in that area other then for caribou/moose.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
A

Akselaken

FNG
Ya thats what i figured. Lets say a guy bowhunts and shoots below high levwl mark but animal runs out. Do you think they could get you on that.

Kassius

FNG
I don't know if it's possible, judging by the fact that it's a little bit too late. Better check with locals. And I have one more piece of advice: be prepared to have all the necessary tools as you never know what to expect in a new place. I usually tend to prepare for different kinds of emergencies even though everything goes well in the end