Late to the party BRO ELK

Call me slow, but I've been watching the BRO elk guys the last few weeks and must say, their videos are top shelf. We see hundreds of "Going here" "What week" Etc etc questions. There is a lot to be learned from their videos and they do things rather unique as well.

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
Call me slow, but I've been watching the BRO elk guys the last few weeks and must say, their videos are top shelf. We see hundreds of "Going here" "What week" Etc etc questions. There is a lot to be learned from their videos and they do things rather unique as well.

That bandwagon has been on the tracks for a while now...

muddydogs

WKR
I like there videos but all the talking is getting old. I watched the shot on video, listened to the shooter talk to the camera about the shot so I don't need to watch 5 to 10 minutes of the shooter retelling the story to the rest of the crew 5 times. They need to cut some of the talking out and shorten there videos. I've gotten good at fast forwarding until it looks like there hunting again.

Some of there episodes are kind of ridiculous as well like when they helped that guy fill his NM bull tag then had another episode showing the finding and packing of the elk. How about cutting out some talking and bull so it could have been all wrapped up in just one episode.

Another episode that was stupid in my opinion was the wrestler costumes, maybe it was one of them things that you had to be there to get the funny but it was a waste of tv time for me.

Guess maybe I'm just getting tired of this day by day format and watching 5 plus episodes of guys hiking around the woods bugling though I still find Elk101 and Randy entertaining.

OP
C
Nothing will be perfect, and there are things that get old, but nothing the FF on the remote can't handle. I feel the early episodes were better than the last couple that's for sure.

Call me a hater, I like Randy as a person and for what he represents, but he always sounds like he's whining which is hard to take.

hobbes

WKR
I've not been able to stay interested in following along this year. Year one was really fun, but year two a little harder to stay interested. This year I started but can't stay interested. I like the hunting, but the extra chatter just isn't interesting. I also don't get into the silly slapstick stuff with face paint and wrestling outfits, but I'm probably just not a very fun guy (probably the engineer personality). I do think they are a good group of guys, but I get to listen to enough talking at work and home. I also rarely listen to podcasts for the same reason unless there is something specific that I want to hear, and even then there is too much fill in content. It's not just them though, It's the same with the rest of the shows out there. The majority of them are adding too much worthless filler to increase "content".

I will give them credit though, it's real hunting for the most part and a giant step above anything on the outdoor channel or the like. I'll occasionally try to watch a TV hunting program when I'm stuck in a hotel. It takes only a few minutes to decide that's a bad idea.

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
They're head and shoulders above the clown show currently on the hushin channel.

I realize views equate to revenue but there are times leaving stuff on the cutting room floor is the best option for all involved. NOTHING good comes from showing an Elk on youtube walking around with multiple arrows sticking out of it or a Deer getting it's front leg shot off with a rifle and no recovery.

Last edited:
One of the things I like most about Born and Raised is the talking and explaining after the hunt. As a rookie the cooking, camping, and other parts of the video are as important to me as the calling and killing it seems some of you only want to see.

The hamblaster shot was far from being on purpose and the guy was torn up about it. Really disappointing to see a previous poster act like it was on purpose and a sign of an unethical hunter.

TheCougar

WKR
They're head and shoulders above the clown show currently on the hushin channel.

I realize views equate to revenue but there are times leaving stuff on the cutting room floor is the best option for all involved. NOTHING good comes from showing an Elk on youtube walking around with multiple arrows sticking out of it or a Deer getting it's front leg shot off with a rifle and no recovery.

I know what you’re saying, but if they left out the bad shots and bad situations, it would be even worse. I don’t like seeing it either, but we have all been there at some point and people watching the videos might learn something. Real hunting is messy sometimes. I don’t watch Hushn because I’m not a fan of the main guy, not sure what his name is. The other two guys seem okay. I also know of at least two animals the main Hushn guy has left sit overnight without field dressing or quartering so the footage and pictures were better for Instagram and YouTube. That’s a fail. In my book, a deliberate bad decision is waaaay worse than an honest mistake or a bad ethical shot.

Last edited:

cnelk

WKR
The hamblaster shot was A BAD SHOT. The guy missed the goodies and missed by A LOT on a moving elk.
He intentionally took the shot so yeah it was intentional. He damn sure should have been torn up about it.

Yeah, yeah... we all know stuff happens, but as much as those guys talk, they couldve just done a narrative...

Below is the video - go to 38:30 and start watching.
I wont even talk about the part seeing that dead elk look like a effin pin cushion when they walked up to it.

Like WapitiBob said above, that should have stayed on the cutting room floor.

Jbehredt

WKR
Yep same guy. This bull was closer than the other one I saw his shoot in the hind. Walking a little slower too as I recall. Shows improvement in is shot selection criteria.