Late to the party BRO ELK

adieatrick

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone catch the snip of Troy in Colorado for the 2nd time riding on the ATV with his bow flopping around on the pack? Regulations state bow must be fully enclosed in a case, so that's interesting. Ok...enough stirring the pot :devilish::poop:

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
The 1st and 2nd years were good. Just like almost any new show the coolness wore off.....just my 2 cents

I really enjoyed the BRO and Go Hunt collab elk hunt from last year, but the AZ archery hunt was hard to watch. Not necessarily because of some of the parts they showed regarding the reality of the hunt, but due to how they portray the hunt and talk to the camera.

With that said, it is hard to argue with Western Hunter, especially with Simmons in front of the camera, as being the best show.

wapitibob

WKR
Most all these guys burned or are burning their points and those of people they could party with. What we’ll be seeing going forward are otc/GEN hunts and the reality that comes with those.

Last edited:
OP
C
Most all these guys burned or are burning their points and those of people they could party with. What we’ll be seeing going forward are otc/GEN hunts and the reality that comes with those.

Guess I thought most if not all the CO and WY hunts were general or OTC tags.

Vids

WKR
Guess I thought most if not all the CO and WY hunts were general or OTC tags.

That's my understanding as well. I believe that's why 4 guys went to AZ for 1 tag, that was the one special draw that happened this year.

I like BRO, but I would agree that this year's content has too much filler time. I understand why. Like a poster above said, it's about lengthening the amount of time and advertising potential. Makes sense. But I think the videos would have been better if they cut 30-40% out. Overall, I'm a fan as I like hunting videos that are real vs the BS ones we all know about.

Re: the shot on the AZ bull. From his reaction it's clear he didn't intend to shoot him in the ham. I'm extremely picky on my shots, passed on a ton of animals, and I've had a couple of bad shots in my past. If you hunt long enough, you will have a bad shot. That bull only went 150-ish yards, and they did the right thing by killing him quickly. Once an elk is shot the ethical thing to do is end it quickly. It's an honest depiction of what can happen out there, and that bull had a better death than being taken down by a four legged predator. Sad but true. Honestly though, I didn't particularly care for their reaction after the last shot, screaming "I smoked him!" and dancing around immediately after the shot. I usually stay focused until the animal stops moving, just in case it gets back up. But, I can't fault them too much as emotions run high in those situations.

joel_sledz

Lil-Rokslider
BRO guys show what elk hunting is. They show the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I’d much rather watch that then these fake hunting shows on Outdoor Channel. You never see a wound or a miss on a real hunting show. BRO guys show exactly how it is. And with Steve hitting his AZ bull in hind quarter.. it happens? It wasnt intentional. He followed up and killed him. Big fan here!

Samson7x

WKR
I’m late too as I just stumbled upon them this year. I enjoy their content and will continue to watch.

Wdh76

FNG
I like Land of the free 1&2 , this year I stopped watching after the Wyoming episode

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Western Hunter and Nate Simmons is like watching an academy award picture compared to a home movie with these guys. The day by day idea was a good one to the current short attention span of us all these days, but the BRO guys should really learn to elk hunt if they want to show everything. "Road Bugling" seriously? These guys are HIGH impact elk hunters. By that I mean their hunting approach makes the hunting worse for everyone else and the worst part there are a lot of guys learning form them because they don't know better.

If you want to learn how to elk hunt watch Nate!! Learn how to be a low impact killer that can get it done on the best bull in an area without Fu$%ing up every bull in drainage!!

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the hush guys. I had to unsubscribe the one guy is really annoying and they seem like a joke.
Bro is decent I may be biased being a coastie, but I really like watching Roosevelt hunting. I would like to see more their home hunting and yes less chat as well. I haven’t seen angry spike productions mentioned in this post doesn’t get more real for Rosie hunting then those guys. Really like Corry and elk101. It’s cool seeing the bugler out on his own. I’m trying to get on the Randy train he has a lot of content but the monotone is so hard for me.
Lots to learn and for me any of the above just gets me more excited to hunt elk and motivation to plan multiple state hunts.

WRO

WKR
Western Hunter and Nate Simmons is like watching an academy award picture compared to a home movie with these guys. The day by day idea was a good one to the current short attention span of us all these days, but the BRO guys should really learn to elk hunt if they want to show everything. "Road Bugling" seriously? These guys are HIGH impact elk hunters. By that I mean their hunting approach makes the hunting worse for everyone else and the worst part there are a lot of guys learning form them because they don't know better.

If you want to learn how to elk hunt watch Nate!! Learn how to be a low impact killer that can get it done on the best bull in an area without Fu$%ing up every bull in drainage!!
They've ****** up hunting in Oregon imho, every flatbilled dipshit and their buddies walk ridges and scream all day.

It's like hoochie momma's but worse..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
It’s free and something to watch in the off season. I won’t pay for cable and after the crappy season I had due to a broken arrow shot though my hand, I’ll patronize and appreciate their efforts. Well, except the Hush videos.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Is BRO affiliated with The Hunt Backcountry podcast? I'm a subscriber, but when I close my eyes, the host reminds me of Hermey from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
baf52d9a080825a542b86d1347d9764d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk