Latest/Greatest Sleeping Pad

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Thanks to all who provided some info and help in this thread- much appreciated!

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Exped SynMat UL Winter LW Sleeping Pad.
Quiet, warm, very comfortable, decent R value rating, good size, thickness, & weight.
great value 3 season pad.

Thanks for the tip, Black Ovis has them on sale got the last SynMat UL Winter LW for $144 shipped.

I haven't been in the market for a sleeping pad for quite a while. I've got an Xtherm and I've generally been happy with it. I'm looking for something that has decent r value, is about 3" thick, and is as light as possible. Anything new and exciting that I should be made aware of that is now on the market?
Thanks in advance!
I have the Nemo Quasar 3D. It’s insulated and about 3” thick. I’ve been very happy with it.

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
I've got 2- a WM Badger and a 20 degree Kifaru Slick.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
The Nemo Tensor Insulated is one of the best selling pads out there for a good reason. It matches all of your criteria also.

willidru

WKR
I had been using the thermarest x therm it’s really light and pretty comfortable, but noisy and I don’t love the tapper.
I just spent the weekend backpacking using the sea to summit ether light xt and it was a way better night sleep. I will be carrying the extra weight moving forward

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
The Nemo Tensor Insulated is one of the best selling pads out there for a good reason. It matches all of your criteria also.
What he said. I roll around a lot at night and the Tensor is not only comfortable and warm but very quiet. Guy I hunt with runs the Xtherm and I can hear him moving in his tent 50 yards away.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Go to Outdoor Gear Lab and read their reviews, always well done.

Also- Xtherm pads are available in Rectangular or Tapered/Mummy shape. I prefer rectangular even though a bit heavier.

Outdoor Gear Lab Sleeping Pad Review

JL
I'd like to see them test the Ether Light Xtreme. It's heavy, and has a rubbery sound to it, but another alternative. Still impossible to beat the Xtherm for warmth to weight though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
From a weight and performance perspective, don't think you can beat the Xtherm. But for regular 3 season use, I strongly prefer my Big Agnes Q-Core SLX. Not as much R-value as the Xtherm. But, much more comfortable IMO.
This is what I went with and in terms of comfort, it's a huge upgrade from my xtherm. Thanks for the suggestion, migc20!

zscott

FNG
I've slept on an xtherm, big agnes AXL, xlite, and the exped synmat HL but I bought an insulated nemo tensor last year and it is my favorite pad. Slightly less noisy than the xtherm/xlite and it has been more durable than the exped and big agnes. It doesn't have the R-value of the xtherm but I use it with a 30 degree quilt and have been comfortable on high mountain Utah hunts through mid october.

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
One big advantage of Sea to Summit's pads is their Jet Stream pump. It makes it so simple to inflate, avoids getting moisture from breath inside the pad, and only costs 1.5 oz. For me, that pump works so well, it's hard to consider any other brand pad.

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
This is what I went with and in terms of comfort, it's a huge upgrade from my xtherm. Thanks for the suggestion, migc20!
Do you still like it after a season? I'm looking for my next pad and in a similar situation as you were but don't have the xtherm to compare to