Latest Shipment News on Swarovski NLs

Sako300

WKR
So, just being curious. I called a handful of Reputable Swarovski dealers today ( outdoorsmans, eurooptik, and Cameralnd to see what the status was on the shipments! To my dismay, they all said they were allocated close to a dozen and some less of the 12x42s to the retailers. In talking to these 3 dealers this past week, there was a waiting list on the 12xs from guys who fronted the money, over $3000. One retailer had 55 guys in line. Another had 35 guys in line. And the last had 47 guys who paid in full hoping to get their NLs the beginning of September! The excuse was that Austria didn’t account for the estimated orders and demand? Is there no communication going on with the best binocular maker and the Americans? I’d be pretty upset if I was hoping to have a set for September! But then again, I didn’t order nor get on the waiting list. What are your thoughts on this scenario with fronting money and having high hopes of getting the NLs.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Due to Covid 19 you shouldn't get too pissed when shipping and production timelines aren't met. I think people knew that going in, and probably bummed that they didn't ship on time, but it isn't going to be the end of the world for them. Perhaps you could call Swarovski in Austria and see what their production staffing looks like due to Covid restrictions. I'd say it's a miracle they were even able to bring these to market at all during a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sako300

WKR
The American retailers get the demos and have relationships with the Swarovski reps. Then we hear about the reviews and orders are taken by retailers. If deposits are needed, I get that. But have some sort of clue. A retailer offered me a 10x42 NL to buy today that was going to be in stock. Maybe they will come with attached Swarovski face masks hanging off the head rest!

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately, in most companies today the marketing side of the business has product launch goals to hit without regards to production capacity to meet the demands of the market. Secondly, most companies I have seen have piss poor demand planning to coordinate the ramp up ramp down plans of product line switches and market demand changes over time. The above coupled with the further reduce production capacity of all supply chains due to covid will cause the shortages and late arrivals of products (new and old).

KineKilla

WKR
When does COVID become less of a reason and more of an excuse? It happened, is still happening, deal with it and find a way to deliver your product in the timeframe you agreed to.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Due to Covid 19 you shouldn't get too pissed when shipping and production timelines aren't met. I think people knew that going in, and probably bummed that they didn't ship on time, but it isn't going to be the end of the world for them. Perhaps you could call Swarovski in Austria and see what their production staffing looks like due to Covid restrictions. I'd say it's a miracle they were even able to bring these to market at all during a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Swarovski knew about Covid 19 long before announcing the NL line, so accepting the fact that they can't deliver due to covid is kind of ridiculous really.

You said in another thread too that Swarovski made it clear that September 1st wasn't a drop dead date, however they announced that these would ship on that date, and that didn't happen so they never should have said they would be available.

I think the NL line has been fantastically marketed by swarovski.

I am not very fond of how swarovski devalued the EL series by chopping the prices. I own 2 sets of the most current EL model binoculars. I did my research and got good deals on each. Swarovski pretty much negated my deals by chopping prices less than one year after my purchases.

For all the hype of the NL series I'm sure swarovski could have charged another $500 for the NL series and kept the price structure in their current EL and SLC lines. Guys would still prepay and stand in line for their latest and greatest offering.

How a company such as swarovski treats it's current army of optics owners is much more important then convincing someone to shell out 3k plus for a new unproven product.

I hope the new line lives up to the hype and guys are happy with the decision to in that direction. I for one am happy with the glass I own. Very happy. I am disappointed in swarovskis decision to devalue my optics investments.

amo16

FNG

I am not very fond of how swarovski devalued the EL series by chopping the prices. I own 2 sets of the most current EL model binoculars. I did my research and got good deals on each. Swarovski pretty much negated my deals by chopping prices less than one year after my purchases.

For all the hype of the NL series I'm sure swarovski could have charged another $500 for the NL series and kept the price structure in their current EL and SLC lines. Guys would still prepay and stand in line for their latest and greatest offering.

How a company such as swarovski treats it's current army of optics owners is much more important then convincing someone to shell out 3k plus for a new unproven product.

I hope the new line lives up to the hype and guys are happy with the decision to in that direction. I for one am happy with the glass I own. Very happy. I am disappointed in swarovskis decision to devalue my optics investments.

From what my local optics guru tells me, the binos you would have bought a year ago are better than what is currently available at the reduced price, apart from maybe some old inventory. Sounds like they made some changes to get the price down. Supposedly they reduced the quality of the coatings amongst other things. He was told this directly by Swarovski. Aside from that, it was inevitable that Swarovski would come out with a new bino sometime in the near future. Complaining that they're not charging more for what are basically the most expensive option on the market is crazy.

From what my local optics guru tells me, the binos you would have bought a year ago are better than what is currently available at the reduced price, apart from maybe some old inventory. Sounds like they made some changes to get the price down. Supposedly they reduced the quality of the coatings amongst other things. He was told this directly by Swarovski. Aside from that, it was inevitable that Swarovski would come out with a new bino sometime in the near future. Complaining that they're not charging more for what are basically the most expensive option on the market is crazy.
I think you misinterpreted my post. I am not complaining about what swarovski is charging for the NL pure line. I do believe there are some limits as to what a hunter will pay for a set of binoculars. I'm sure swarovskis marketing gurus are well aware of that.

I am basing my devaluing the els on the prices I am seeing the top quality pre price drop new models go for in the classified adds here. Kinda makes me sick.

I know it's definitely a buyers market right now on used swaro glass as guys are offloading their current models to try the new line.

I have zero intentions to upgrade my current glass. It just took me years of saving and upgrading to get what I have. Buyers remorse? Absolutely not. I just wish swaro would have done the marketing of the NL pure a little differently.

Broomd

WKR

Your posting reminded me of a parable. You may remember that Christ relates the businessman who hired the workers as the day progressed and the last worker made as much as the first worker who signed on at the beginning of the day. The last worker worked considerably less for the same money. If memory serves the first workers were pissed off.
I don't know how that relates, grin, other than a reminder for us all to be thankful for the deal we've struck; but to a fellow cheap-ass like myself, your frustration is noteworthy.

Last edited:
Your posting reminded me of a parable. You may remember that Christ relates the businessman who hired the workers as the day progressed and the last worker made as much as the first worker who signed on at the beginning of the day. The last worker worked considerably less for the same money. If memory serves the first workers were pissed off.
I don't know how that relates, grin, other than a reminded for us all to be thankful for the deal we've struck; but to a fellow cheap-ass like myself, your frustration is noteworthy.
You have a good point Frank. I am very thankful for the good deals I got on some fantastic optics. I know you personally worked with me on a purchase or 2.

I would like to relate some marketing advise I learned 9 years ago when I purchased a new truck. I had decided to purchase a new Toyota tundra, which I still own and drive and really like. I did the usual dealership price checking and ended up deciding on one to work with. The finance manager and I struck up a conversation at closing about why Toyota is so stingy with end of year rebates and close out deals on year end models in general.
He told me if they offered up a great deal to me on a year end close out imagine how a recent customer who paid full price would react. How would that affect their future decision to buy again? And how would that affect the used Toyota truck market?

That transaction really made me think about marketing and business principles.

Rant over......lol

Trial153

WKR
Considering that ELs been out for how many years in their current form and how many years during their previous incarnation? ...I i dont think the devaluation argument hold much water. Sorryz that coming from a guy that owns two pairs of Els.

Considering that ELs been out for how many years in their current form and how many years during their previous incarnation? ...I i dont think the devaluation argument hold much water. Sorryz that coming from a guy that owns two pairs of Els.
I agree they have been around for 20 years or so. There have been some noteworthy improvements along the way. But the price did more than double in 20 years with a major price increase almost every year. All el owners took a real hit recently. I accept this but do not have to like it.

From what my local optics guru tells me, the binos you would have bought a year ago are better than what is currently available at the reduced price, apart from maybe some old inventory. Sounds like they made some changes to get the price down. Supposedly they reduced the quality of the coatings amongst other things. He was told this directly by Swarovski.

Anyone else heard this? Seems unlikely but I don't know anyone at Swaro to confirm or refute this.

Trial153

WKR
@Camera Land

Doug....can you put this one to bed?

cbeard64

WKR
I ordered the new NL 12x but didn’t sell my 18 year old 10x ELs - for this very reason.
I would like to have them this season but am not going to fret about it either way.

I appreciate the info as it saved me a phone call. 👍

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Camera Land

Doug....can you put this one to bed?
The binoculars have not changed at all. They reduced the pricing to allow for nbetter positioning in the market place

As far as pre-orders for NL's. Every dealer runs their business the way they determine. We preferred, and asked for, a $250.00 refundable deposit on NL pre-orders. No need to pay in full in advance. We worked closely with Swarovski on getting product and as of this morning we have:

Filled all 8x42 orders and have 1 in stock available for sale

Filled all 10x42 orders and we are awaiting our next delivery

Filled all buy 1 12x42 pre-order and are awaiting our next delivery