Latest Shipment News on Swarovski NLs

Trial153

WKR
The binoculars have not changed at all. They reduced the pricing to allow for nbetter positioning in the market place

As far as pre-orders for NL's. Every dealer runs their business the way they determine. We preferred, and asked for, a $250.00 refundable deposit on NL pre-orders. No need to pay in full in advance. We worked closely with Swarovski on getting product and as of this morning we have:

Filled all 8x42 orders and have 1 in stock available for sale

Filled all 10x42 orders and we are awaiting our next delivery

Filled all buy 1 12x42 pre-order and are awaiting our next delivery
Thanks buddy, I figured as much but knew you'd have the scoop.

Q child

WKR
I just received an email indicating that a shipping label was created for my 10x42 NLs. Coming from Outdoorsmans.

OP
S

Sako300

WKR
Doug,
You,Joel,Neil, and the rest of the staff are good people! Thankyou for your service! Imagine, how much money some of these American dealers were FRONTED for the Swarovski NLs. If my math serves me well, we are talking 100's of thousands of dollars for some individual dealers! This is based off the Swarovski NL prices and the preorder numbers I was told over the phone. I wonder how much was made in advance on american made bino studs? I am in the wrong business!

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Doug,
You,Joel,Neil, and the rest of the staff are good people! Thankyou for your service! Imagine, how much money some of these American dealers were FRONTED for the Swarovski NLs. If my math serves me well, we are talking 100's of thousands of dollars for some individual dealers! This is based off the Swarovski NL prices and the preorder numbers I was told over the phone. I wonder how much was made in advance on american made bino studs? I am in the wrong business!
We have always preferred a small deposit on pre-orders. I do not like being a bank for the mfgs or my customers. I recall another dealer, many years ago, who took payment in full, in advance, for some expensive riflescopes that were delayed and delayed. He wound up in a major "pickle" when folks started canceling order and he did not have the $$$ to refund.
When a product is announced we are happy to take pre-orders but we prefer just a reasonably small deposit

OP
S

Sako300

WKR
If I have to front money, be put on a list, and have a sensitive timeframe, I will absolutely voice my opinion on Swarovski and Swarovski dealers if I think the business model doesn’t forefill my needs! Yes I called dealers to see what the availability status was and was possibly interested! Bashing is a strong word! I’m just saying some American retailers achieved more up front costs and a longer waiting list then others! I did simple math and explained what is happening! I will wait it out! But, seriously Cameraland at least informs this forum direct and gives honest input!

cbeard64

WKR
Well, I have an opinion too. Mine is that they were nice enough to give you their standing order information and you then take that information and use against them on a public forum. IMO that is uncalled for and not cool.
Outdoorsman’s is a good company I’ve done business with for years. Their reputation is excellent. They have innovative products that others do not offer. The bino stud installation alone is reason enough to order from them vs. other dealers.
Requiring payment for pre-orders is not a shady practice. Many retailers have that policy because it takes the tire-kickers out of the equation and makes the overall process much more efficient.
In today’s interest rate environment, the use of 100k or even 200k for a few months is negligible. If one can’t stand the strain of prepayment on a pair of $3000 binoculars, one probably shouldn’t be buying $3000 binoculars.

OP
S

Sako300

WKR
So, it’s uncalled for Cameraland ,a Swarovski retailer, to voice how they marketed their NLs? There were a handful of retailers BESIDES Outdoorsmans that wanted upfronted money! I’m not single pointing out one specific retailer! I just threw the American Bino stud in there since at first they wouldn’t provide the stud unless you purchased the Binos from them. Then they decided to sell the stud alone to the public. That’s all factual info. “Bino Lives” matter cbeard69

Block

WKR
Yeah I found out I was 1st loser..,, #13 in line at EPIC ,,, bummed I shoulda called earlier and I’d have mine NOW

We have always preferred a small deposit on pre-orders. I do not like being a bank for the mfgs or my customers. I recall another dealer, many years ago, who took payment in full, in advance, for some expensive riflescopes that were delayed and delayed. He wound up in a major "pickle" when folks started canceling order and he did not have the $$$ to refund.
When a product is announced we are happy to take pre-orders but we prefer just a reasonably small deposit

Eloquently stated Doug! I may not have done as well. :D

mgebs311

FNG
If anyone lives in East Idaho, I just looked through some 10x42 NL Pures at Sportsmans Warehouse in Idaho Falls. Wish I could drop that kind of coin right now.

coues32

WKR
I don’t remember exactly when I called and got on the list,,, but they said ~2-3more weeks for the next shipment of (12) 12s
Any news on your order?
Called swaro again today, said a shipment went out this week, no help on my order.

Block

WKR
Just talked to EPIC yesterday and they hope to have the next batch in this week or next