Lathrop and sons boots?

DuckDogDr

WKR
Anybody use these. Had a buddy swear by them after an elk hunt...and I need better boots than what I have

I have the Mountain Hunter Elites. Bought them prior to the 2019 season mainly because I wanted them for a 2020 Dall hunt I booked.
Even after many many years in cheap govt issue boots I have wimpy feet. I had always hunted in my issue boots then went to a light weight hiker (big mistake) and in 2017 went to a pair of Crispi Wyoming’s. These were good boots to hunt in but after packing out 3 elk in 4 days I knew I needed a boot with more support. I tried Kenetreks Hard Scrabbles and Mountain Extremes but they chewed up my heals really bad. That’s when I made the purchase. The fitting process was very detailed and I am very happy with the boots. In 2019 I hunted in them for about 3 weeks archery hunting elk in Idaho and Deer in Region G and they performed well in the rugged country. I have a lot of training miles on them and then did my sheep hunt and another Idaho elk hunt in 2020. They are holding up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been through many different boots - Kenetreks, Lowas, Scarpas, Meindl, Asolo, and Lathrops have been the best to date. Their custom boot and footbed system just works for me. Used them in the Coastal BC Mountains, McKenzies, French Alps, Taurus Mountains and Russian Far East. So far they just work for me.

My hunt partner has one foot that is almost 3/4 size larger than the other. He's fought the boot battle for years and finally settled on the Lathrop's with their custom inserts. He runs the Mountain Elites and they work extremely well for him. The guys at Lathrop's are top notch and not just boot salespeople. They know feet and how to make your feet comfortable.

ckrhtr

FNG
I started down this road at the end of December, my boots are scheduled to show up on Monday and they had the boots in stock. Not sure what type of timeframe you are on but it may make a difference. So far the guys have been good to deal with coming close to the time frames they stated. I guess I will find out if it is worth the time and money soon.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I started down this road at the end of December, my boots are scheduled to show up on Monday and they had the boots in stock. Not sure what type of timeframe you are on but it may make a difference. So far the guys have been good to deal with coming close to the time frames they stated. I guess I will find out if it is worth the time and money soon.
What is the approximate cost when its all said and done?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
$980-
They are going to go back as many times as it takes to get it right. I purchased a pair of backup boots just in case it takes me a year.
RIght on, thats not bad at all really if they work and last several years. I'm thinking of getting a pair as well.

Brendan

WKR
Boots themselves aren't nearly that expensive. They start around $450, and I think I got mine with a 20% off around Black Friday.

Guys who work there are awesome.

I liked my Mountain Hunter Elite, but the waterproof liner did not hold up long before they leaked pretty bad.

ckrhtr

FNG
RIght on, thats not bad at all really if they work and last several years. I'm thinking of getting a pair as well.
So far the process has been fine as long as a guy is not rushed for time. It's all about how they fit for me, I usually struggle to get 2 years out of a pair of boot hopefully these will be good. I was tired of buying boots only to get a couple weeks on them for a fit issue to show up.

ckrhtr

FNG
Boots themselves aren't nearly that expensive. They start around $450, and I think I got mine with a 20% off around Black Friday.

Guys who work there are awesome.

I liked my Mountain Hunter Elite, but the waterproof liner did not hold up long before they leaked pretty bad.
And that if you just buy the boot, I went the whole process because I am tired of gambling on boot fitment.

Brendan

WKR
And that if you just buy the boot, I went the whole process because I am tired of gambling on boot fitment.

Yeah, but not everyone needs the whole fitment, they do sell boots and insoles without complete custom fitting. I bought their insoles too, but total cost to me was probably around $400 - $425?

And, waterproofness of mine didn't make it a season, I would have been pissed if I'd paid close to a grand for them...

ckrhtr

FNG
Yeah, but not everyone needs the whole fitment, they do sell boots and insoles without complete custom fitting. I bought their insoles too, but total cost to me was probably around $400 - $425?

And, waterproofness of mine didn't make it a season, I would have been pissed if I'd paid close to a grand for them...
Good thing I live in the desert!