Lathrop and Sons new insoles!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got the synergy insoles two days ago, they will go back on Monday. Not impressed with them. Wore them in my Lowa Ranger boots and then in my Brooks Beast shoes for working out. Now my feet hurt...not enough arch support for me. If someone doesn't need good arch support the gel seems pretty thick, but I need something more.
Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

Am looking forward to the new ones hitting the market, even asked if I could be a tester for them. ;)

I've got a high arch myself. What works best for you so far? Thanks.

RUTTIN

WKR
I have a pair of the synergy footbeds, and all I can say is wow! Wished I would have bought a pair a long time ago, feels like walking on pillows! But I do not need a lot of support for my arch, so maybe that is why they feel so good to me.

jmez

WKR
I have high arches as well, just got my Synergy insoles. Only worn them around the house but they felt good for that. Will get some miles on them this weekend.

Those with high arches, call Lathrop and Sons and speak to them about arch support, shoe and insole design. Insoles don't and shouldn't provide arch support. A stable foot platform and boot does that. Very interesting and eye opening to talk to. Definitely worth the phone call.

jmez

WKR
Been using the Synergy's for about a week and like them. Very comfortable insole and work as advertised keeping your foot still in your boot. They are very thin but offer alot of cushion/support for the foot.

Haven't had a problem with arches. I went for a 4 mile hike outside of Estes Park on Saturday, 4 miles pretty steep no issues. Tonight I wore them on a hike in the black Hills and actually sprinted up hills with boots and pack on, again, no issues. They are working for me so far and I'm generally one that looked for arch support first in the past.

I think I'm the one doing the testing on these and so far I'm very impressed.

Hopefully I can talk them into putting them on the market pretty quickly.

How thick are these in relation to say the green Superfeet? Some of my insoles are in need of being replaced and I am interested in these, I was thinking of trying the Synergy but may wait.

Thanks.