Lathrop and Sons or best alternate

pyscorer

FNG
Got a Kodiak Island blacktail hunt coming up in October. I'm finally able to pull the trigger and get a quality boot now that I looking to get back into hunting trips again. Contacted Lathrop and Sons for the custom footbed kit and about custom boots. Was told the entire process this time of year would be 3 - 4 weeks. Read tons of reviews and was looking forward to the process. However, been weeks since I returned my kit so I called to make sure everything was in order. I was told to expect a call later that day that I was next in line. Almost 2 weeks have past and still no call and I either get the answering machine or no answer. I'm now concerned if I need to go this route based on some of the recent comments about service and delays and no return calls. I dont want to start then not get my boots in time. Anyone know if they are having issues? Whats the best alternative if I plan on hunting AK each year.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
For what it's worth, I ordered a pair of boots around Black Friday 2020. When I ordered I was led to believe they had them in-stock. They have yet to arrive. The expected arrival date has now been pushed back twice when I called in and spoke with them. I didn't order any of the custom boot fitting services, I just wanted to try a pair of their boots. I understand COVID and manufacturing delays across all industries has been hit hard, still feels a little excessive though.

dberg71

FNG
I have never had an issue with someone picking up the phone when I called during their business hours. Just spoke to Morgan yesterday and was told the latest would be 3-4 weeks for boots to be in. They are a smaller company and have high demand so I imagine some sizes may not always be in stock

wildcat33

WKR
There is nothing special about their "Custom" boots. Its just an off the shelf product with a footbed cut out based on your foot. Good quality, not that lightweight. Plenty of other (and much less expensive) options out there if you are not getting the response you're looking for. Scarpa, Zamberlan, Schnees, Crispi, la sportiva, etc etc. Personally I would be looking for something lightweight and sturdy for AK. Scarpa would be my first stop (or Kuiu branded versions).

budro

FNG
Ive been very disappointed with my lathrop and sons. Probably the most uncomfortable pair of boots i own

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
I have never had an issue with someone picking up the phone when I called during their business hours. Just spoke to Morgan yesterday and was told the latest would be 3-4 weeks for boots to be in. They are a smaller company and have high demand so I imagine some sizes may not always be in stock
3-4 weeks again? Hmm, shoot. That's what I heard starting back in February. I'll probably just cancel my order. Thanks for sharing. Imagine if I had put that $400 into Dodgecoin back in November, instead of having them charge me and not shipping anything for 6 months.